The Signs of God and How to Recognise Them

Almost every religion is waiting for an end-times personality and the concept of this personality is pretty vague in all these religions

Almost every religion is waiting for an end-times personality and the concept of this personality is pretty vague in all these religions. Nothing is pinpointing whether 'this' personality is the One foretold by their religion.

I'm sorry but it doesn't help anybody find the Messiah knowing that he will be from the line of David. There are so many from the line of David. We have the same problem in Islam also. 'He will be from the line of Prophet Muhammad's daughter'. There are so many from the line of Prophet Muhammad's daughter. So many of them! Who is The One?

One thing that is very important is the significance of the divine signs. For example, in the holy Qur'an alone, on hundreds of occasions, God clearly signifies the importance of the divine signs but we seem to turn a deaf ear on such crucial instructions from God and the religious scholars in the religion of Islam never talk about the divine signs. I don't know how they escape from this kind of total negligence.

His Holiness Gohar Shahi had said, 'When the divine signs come, they would supersede all celestial books'.

This is because all these celestial books that we have need a very critical update.

The latest religion is Islam and even the Islamic scripture is almost 14.5 centuries old. If you look back 30 years, the world was a totally different place. Now, with the advancement of science and technology, our lives have taken a big turn. We have grown more dependability on gadgets. In the past, these gadgets would be mocked and considered toys, and now, these gadgets are part and parcel of our life. We cannot think of moving an inch without a phone, without a navigation system. It's like a small office in our pocket. We don't keep a diary anymore; our credit cards, our bank apps, everything is literally inside our phones. This is how the world has changed.

And the entire world has become a global village. In the past, you would visit different countries to see different cultures and fashion trends but now it's the same everywhere. You don't have to visit a particular country or city to adopt new trends and fashions anymore. Through short videos on Youtube, Instagram and TikTok, everything becomes trendy in a matter of a few hours.

For example, 50 or 60 years ago, if the only mode of travel we would locally and domestically have was a bicycle, either we would walk or ride our bikes and our parents would tell us, 'if you're going over a mile, you better take your bike'. Right? Now, just imagine this was in the Qur'an, 'if you are going over a mile, take your bike' and you are reading it today, you would ask me: would it be permissible in Islam if I drive my car rather than ride my bike?

The world has changed in a very short span of time. Islam is the latest religion and even Islam is 1450 years old — so just imagine what life would have been like back then. The Bible is more than 2000 years old. The five books that were given to Moses are 2700–2800 years old. Some of the books given to Abraham are almost 4000 years old.

Now, if you follow instructions that were given to people 4000 years ago, how would you relate it to this time? Our behaviour has also changed.