~17: The mysterious red head, lover of pride~

Zero burst into an uncontrollable fit of laughter, sinking into the seat in the carriage.
"What's so funny?" Hikari practically seethed.
Fortunately, for the girl's own sanity, her chaotic brothers and the triplets were in a sperate carriage being observed by Claude. The carriage Hikari and Zero had been chosen to be in was with Sebastian, Ceil, Alois, Zhongli and Lucifer. Hikari had been pushed into the carriage wearing the overly frilly pink dress, everyone slightly amused by the clashing style. Even Sebastian had to place his hand over his mouth to hide his smirk. Zero, was currently dying of laughter as the girl glared daggers at the amused entity.
"I hate this! I wanna change!" Hikari huffed, practically slamming herself onto the seat next to Zero and the window.
"Oi I wanted window seat!"
"Too bad you laughed at me, you big alien dragon meanie!"
"You two, don't start," Sebastian frowned, sitting on the other side of Zero; the opposite row seating Alois, Ciel, Zhongli and Lucifer.

"I hate this so much," Hikari muttered under her breath.
Zero deadpanned. There was no way she was already pulling a tantrum, the carriage wasn't even moving.
"Well it's too late now," Zhongli sighed, before trying to arrange Lucifer's parting; making Lucifer blush a little via embarrassment.
"I don't get what's to hate, you get to wear fun outfits, dance, eat tasty food and drinks and talk to stuck up posh people," Alois smirked, he looked a little evil when talking about the last factor.
"That's exactly the issue with them," Ciel sighed, the carriage finally starting to move.
"See someone gets it!" Hikari huffed.
"Yeah, I agree. They're too fancy and snarky," Zero nodded, getting an enthusiastic nod from Ciel and Hikari.
"Ciel you just dislike them because you hate dancing~"
"Oh shut up Alois!"
Zero stared outside at the rural landscape. Lush, emerald fields swept by slowly fading into the hues of purples and green paving and tiles of the local town. Zero had noticed how the capital was quite an unpopular place, maybe too expensive or too rural? The entity wasn't sure. The carriage neared the ominously looming palace of the prince of the Devildom.

As soon as the carriage halted, Sebastian sighed, standing up; opening the door and stepping out holding it open for the others.
Lucifer and Zhongli exited first, followed Ciel and an overly enthusiastic Alois. Zero stood up, but paused as he noticed Hikari make no attempt to stand. Instead she had her knees pulled up to her chest and pouted angrily at the entity.
"You're seariously going?"
Zero shrugged," I don't really have much of a choice."
The entity held up his hand and lightly tapped his pact with Sebastian getting an angry exhale from the irritated imp.
"You don't really have much of a choice either you know," Zero sighed, why did it feel like he was giving a lecture?
"Pft! Yes I do! And my answer to it is...NOPE!"
"Zero," Sebastian called into the carriage, still holding open the door," You go in, I'll deal with her."
Zero nodded and stepped out onto the cold Devildom cobblestones; before the group walked up to the palace.

"I welcome you, to Diavolo's royal ball," The seaweed haired butler bowed formally; greeting them at the entrance

"You don't have to be so formal with us Barbatos," Alois giggled, hugging the butler; making Barbatos sway a little uneasily and go stiff.
"My apologies..."
"Too formal!"
Barbatos frowned confused, lost in thought before shaking his head and forcing a smile.
"No matter, let us go to the main hall."
The butler lead them all through the corridor made out of gold. The others walked through as though it were nothing special, yet the entity stared around entranced. It was very bold and wealthy. They were then lead to a big hall, it was even more eccentric than the hallway before; Zero was relieved to see the other group from the carriage there. However there was another familiar figure. His hair was a deep red, with tanned skin and eyes the colour of the grand, golden walls of his own very home. He wore a Maroon outfit and bore a smile, crossing his arms. Wait a minute...IT WAS THE GUY HE CAUGHT LUCIFER IN THE ACT WITH!?

As soon as the red hair locked eyes with Zero, he too gawked and blushed; Lucifer doing the same.
"Why your that entity!" He gasped.
"You've met Zero, Diavolo?" Satan hummed, tilting his head to the side.
Diavolo sweated a little before nodding.
"Yes, accidentally anyway..."
Zero nodded uncomfortably.
"Zero this is Diavolo, Prince of the Devildom," Ciel gestured towards Diavolo, who forced an uncomfortable smile.
"Lover of Pride," Zero nodded.
Diavolo and Lucifer blushed even harder, Zero swore he saw Lucifer curse under his breath.
"Lover of Pride-?" Barbatos frowned, looking towards Diavolo confused.
"It's fine Barbatos! Just a phrase entities use..." Diavolo interjected, quite flustered.
The brothers, excluding Lucifer, all snorted; seeming to finally realise just what Zero meant.
"It's not that funny..." Lucifer scowled.

"Ah I see Sebastian and Hikari have finally joined us too," Diavolo changed the topic quickly, Sebastian practically dragging Hikari in.
Diavolo snickered.
"Hikari what are you wearing-?"
"IT WASN'T MY CHOICE!!!" Hikari yelled, practically being headlocked by her father.
Zero cleared his throat, trying to force down a laugh.
"Keep smiling Zero, I'll remember it-! Gah- HEY NOT TOO HARD!" Hikari hissed.
"So, where are all the other guests?" Mammon frowned.
"Ah that, Barbatos would you be so kind as to let the guests in?"
"Certainly my lord."