Chapter 2

I swore that was the last time I'd see her. I went back to the beach and with luck she was there. I got there and put my towel out. Nothing to noticeable but just enough to hopefully catch her eye. It was blue with a wave on it a little worn but almost new. I think she saw me once or twice before her beach ball hit me straight in the face. I looked up and there she was. The most beautiful girl standing there in front of me.
"Oh my god! I am so sorry!" She says and I couldn't help but smile. She is absolutely perfect.
"It's fine" I blurt out.
"Are you sure?"
"Uh.. Yeah it's all good" I try to act cooler about it this time.
"Well your nose is bleeding. Can I at least make sure it's not broken? Uhh-"
"Sam, and it should be okay." I lift my hand to my nose and realize it's bleeding a lot and it hurts to touch.
"Well Sam, my friend Kara is studying to be a doctor can she check it out?" She smiles.
"Yeah. I guess. If you tell me one thing." I say acting serious.
"Uhh sure. What is it?" There was a hint of worry in her voice
"Your name." I give her a friendly smile.
"Oh I forgot! I'm sorry I'm Skyler."
"Well I guess I'll let your friend uhh.. Kara look at my nose"
"Okay well come over to our apartment?" She smiles then extends her hand and helps me up
"Yeah as long as you're not a serial killer who lures people in with your good looks and kills them." Skyler looked a little puzzled at me then laughs.
"I promise I won't kill you." She chuckles. Her laugh sounds like music. "Did you drive here?"
"No I took the bus"
"Okay well let's go and get you fixed up. I'll drive you home later."
"Sounds good to me" I look at her and think this must be a dream. Someone so perfect talking to me and taking me to her house. It couldn't be real, it's all too perfect, except the blood on me.