Chapter 3

We got back to Skyler's apartment and Kara was already there. It was a small apartment with off white almost cream coloured walls. In the main room against one wall there was a black leather couch with a dark mahogany coffee table that was sitting a few feet in front of it. There was also a 36" tv on the opposite wall and to the side a small kitchen with a little table that had 4 chairs, that's where Kara was.
"Kara this is Sam." She said while pulling out a chair for me to sit on.
"Nice to meet you Sam, I'm sure you can tell by now that Sky is a complete klutz." Skyler gave her a look.
"Well at least she's nice." I smiled, I tried to defend her. Maybe then I would get her attention, wait I already got that and not in the good way.

I sat down while Kara poked at my nose and cleaned up some blood. It really did hurt, I only winced a few times. I wanted Skyler to think I was strong and could handle it, but a broken nose hurts like a bitch. Well what Kara considers a broken nose.
"So what school do you go to Sam?" Kara asked
"I go to SCAD." I wasn't to happy to admit that. Most people think that art school is a joke.
"Oh that's awesome." She didn't sound to impressed. I think Skyler picked up on that.
"Art? I love art! You know like all the paintings buy uhh.. Van Gough. Isn't his famous the Mona Lisa?"
"No Sky." She said shaking her head. "Da Vinci painted the Mona Lisa"
"But Van Gough was a famous painter" I smiled trying to reassure her.
"Well at least I got something right"
"Skyler is trying to become the number one on CMT."
"Shut up Kara!" And she threw a pillow at her, it just missed me.
"Well Sky at least you're not hitting random people on the beach" Kara winked.
"It's not that bad just a bloody nose."
"Actually Sam, it's broken."
"I'm so sorry!" She looked really sad. "How can I make it up to you?"
"How about you take me out for a coffee. It doesn't hurt too bad. Don't worry too much Skyler."
"Well well, we got a tough one here." Skyler gave Kara an unimpressed look.
"So am I free to leave?" I turn to Kara
"As soon as I put a bandage on it. And I'd like to see you come back soon to check on it. Possibly in a week? If that's not inconvenient."
"No that'll be fine." Kara went threw a door that lead to the bathroom, she shut the door leaving me and Skyler alone. Just the two of us. I decided to break the silence.
"So you want to be a country singer?"
"Yeah that was my thoughts" she seemed a little shy now. It was cute.
"Well I guess when I see you on tv I can tell everyone that's the girl who broke my nose at the beach one day! And then I'll be happy that I had my nose broken." She was smiling. Her smile was so beautiful it could drown out all the ugliness in the world. Her smile could make everything serene.
"So how about that coffee? When do you want to go?" Oh god. Was I staring at her too long?
"Uhh.. When ever is cool." Cool? Why would I say that? I'm so stupid.
"When your nose heals?"
"Sure." That long? Does she not want to see me?
"Alright well I guess I'll see you in a week for your check up."
"Yeah, I hope." Oh my god. She so knows I like her. I may have just blown my coffee date. Date? It's not a date. Oh my god. I'm screwed.
Kara came out of the bathroom with a roll of gauze and medical tape, she sat back down in front of me and covered my nose with the gauze and taped it. It really hurt.
"Well that's the best I can do for now. I hope I didn't mess it up more."
"Well you saved me thousands of dollars so thank you."
"No problem." Skyler got up and grabbed her keys while walking over to the door.
"Well Sam, I gotta drive you home now."
"Oh yeah I forgot we're meeting Matt at 7 down town." Matt? Who's Matt? Probably her boyfriend. Hopefully he's Kara's.
"Shit it's 5:20. You get ready and put my stuff out so I can change when I get back." She said to Kara. Well this Matt person seems important. I was stupid to think someone so beautiful was single.
"Come on Sam, we gotta go." We rushed down to her car and I gave her the directions to my apartment. I was about to get out when I remembered I did get either of their numbers.
"Skyler?"
"Yes?"
"I didn't get yours or Kara's number."
"Oh here give me your phone" I passed her my phone with the contacts up. She typed in her number and her name then handed it back.
"Don't be afraid to text me any time! I don't bite I just break noses!... Well that sounded better in my head. Any way bye and I'm so sorry."
"It's all good" I smiled at her and watched her drive away.