Prologue

PRESENT

Emma and Ben were on their four month anniversary, they where at their favorite park -Bear Mountain State Park-  in up state New York. It was windy and fall leaves where coming down from the trees. They where going on a picnic and walking up the trail as they came close to the right spot. Many memories were held at that park.

"Hey, remember the first time we met?" Ben asked, smirking.

"Yeah, it's not the best of memories," Emma sighed.

"I think it's romantic."

"Well, I hated you back then."

"Likewise," Ben chuckled.

They found the spot for their picnic and set everything up before sitting down and getting out some food.

They leaned closer towards each other and Emma glanced down at Ben's lips before Ben closed the gap between them. Their lips moved in sync as they kissed.

Ben cupped Emma's face as he moaned into her mouth. Emma lightly held his waist as they kissed harder. Ben slipped his hand under her shirt and Emma started to become a little worried. Ben's hand started traveling up and Emma stopped him.

"Stop," Emma said as she leaned back. Ben sighed and leaned back.

"Emma, its been 4 months. How much longer?" Ben complained.

"I-I'm sorry. I'm not ready," Emma replied and looked down at her hands. Ben sighed again and rubbed his hands over his face.

"No, it's okay. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that. It's fine, I understand," Ben apologized. Emma only nodded and continued to stare down at her hands. An awkward silence followed after.

Ben handed Emma her sandwich. She took it but only held it.

"I'm not hungry anymore," Emma said quietly and shook her head.

"Em, I'm really sorry. And I know you want to take it slow and I respect that."

Emma nodded and leaned back in. Ben smirked and did the same before their lips connected.

A/N- Hey guys this my new book and it will be way better the last one  kyavhill and greatmusiclover helped me with this first chapter I hope you guys enjoy it

                                                                          -Liv