chapter 1: prologue

An unloving home is never the best way to come into the world

An unloving home is never the best way to come into the world. Most babies come into the world screaming , but dove clarke came into the world with her parents screaming. She would sit at the top step of there two bed house in Hazelwood Pittsburg for hours listening to them argue after her dad has stumbled home late after losing another job once again. She saw it as the normal , it only began to concern her when her dad began to come home less and less .

Her mother Jenny Clarke claimed stayed at home 'looking' after dove but she spent the little amount of money the family had left at the end of bills and grocery shopping on herself. She was always out when she could at the nearest bars with her friends laughing so much she would forget she had a daughter at home.

One time durning the spring of 66' neither of doves parents had been home in over two days , so she left as-well. She put one of the many dresses her mother had bought for herself , and headed into the Main Street of town. She just wanted some company.
The dress was a v-neck slip dress , it lay tight at her hips but baggy everywhere else. It was no longer clear she was just fourteen.

The red velvet was the first bar she ever walked into the red and orange lights shone and lit up the whole street around it , and drew the young teenage girl in.
"You new around here" a bold middle aged man said as soon as dove had been able to reach the bar.
"Something like that" Dove replied , she tried to act confident and cool but on the inside she was on fire.
The man winked at her and slid over a shot , and she took it.

It was fuel to her fire , once the liquid had slid down her throat she felt free. That night dove danced wiht people she had never met, drunk drinks she couldn't pronounce the name of or even remember . No body asked her name , her age they didn't care how young she was. She was pretty. Being pretty in the sixties and seventies took you places.
She stumbled through the door past four in the morning , still giggling to herself and the things she'd experienced and seen that evening.

No one was there , not her father or mother. Dove had just had one of the best nights of her life so far and yet she had no one to tell she has rebelled at the worst amount and yet no one cared. There was no parents to yell at her or guide her through this new part of life she had discovered Dove Clarke was alone , and it felt amazing.