Chapiter 3

POV Demi :

It had been two weeks since Nick and I had decided to do our next album tour together. We'd been working flat out ever since, organising our schedules, meetings, interviews and promotion. Not to mention Nick's album to finish. We've still got a good bit of work ahead of us. I'd say at least another 2 months, but little by little things are taking shape!

At home it was a bit more tense... Wilmer alternated between jealousy and excuses. I didn't know which way to turn and my body seemed more and more fragile. Never, I repeat never, could I have imagined that he would dare to lay a hand on me. Or, more importantly, that I'd stay after he'd done it. It's crazy, even though I know deep down that what he's doing isn't right, I'm convinced that if he's doing it it's for the right reasons. That I was pushing his buttons too far and that he had no choice but to express his anger like that. And after all, he loves me and stayed with me after all the ordeals I put him through and my addictions, depressions, trust issues... I couldn't think of anyone else who could have done the same. So if I couldn't take those bad times, what did that say about me?

- Demi, can you come here please. he said, tapping the armchair where he was sitting.
- Coming, my love. I said as I sat down next to him.
- I've got some work colleagues coming over tonight, so I'd like everything to be impeccable and for you to prepare an aperitif dinner for us. He says, passing his hand behind my waist.

- No worries," I said, taking out my phone.

- What are you up to?
- I'm going to ask Alissa to come, I'm going to the studio all day.
- No way !. If I wanted Alissa to do it, I would have called her already. I want you to take care of it. Don't be so lazy... what are you gonna do when we have kids? Let strangers take care of them? He said, pressing his fingers hard against my ribs.
- I'll... I'll call the studio then... to tell them I won't be able to come today... I said softly.
- That's good. You're a quick learner, but for alcohol, I'll allow you to ask Max to get some, given your situation... he said scornfully.

I didn't know what to say after that, so after a few seconds of silence I decided to get up, make myself a coffee and start my 'working day'.

- Ehhh... where do you think you're going? says Wilmer, grabbing my wrist hard. I'm not finished with you yet.

He grabbed me around the waist again and laid me down on the sofa, undressing me. I would have liked to say that the moment that followed was pleasant, but unfortunately I felt no pleasure, no desire and no satisfaction. I just felt like an object for him to play with when he was bored. Of course I wouldn't say anything because who knows what might happen next... fortunately it wasn't always like that. When he was in a good mood it was almost as passionate and carnal as when we first met.

- hmm... I'll be able to work well now. Susurrated Wilmer, slapping my ass.

He washed his hands then headed for the exit without saying a word or looking at me.

He's gone at last," I thought, relieved, when the door slammed.

----------

A few hours later, I had already finished cleaning the whole house and prepared dinner. All I had to do now was set the table and fetch the drinks.

Wilmer wouldn't be back until 7pm, so I took the opportunity to doze off for a while. When I woke up it was already dark and my alarm clock showed 6.16pm, Wilmer could arrive at any moment. I got up in a rush and headed for my shower. After about ten minutes, I turned off the hot water tap, grabbed my towel, wrapped it around my waist and headed for my dressing room. I had no idea what to wear... I put on a black cotton strapless dress and chose black patent pumps to go with it. I simply applied some concealer and mascara and a red lipstick and that was it. I looked at myself in the mirror and approved. For the first time in a long time, I felt beautiful, I don't know how or why, but I liked the reflection I saw in the mirror.