// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕗𝕚𝕧𝕖 //

hiraeth - part twenty-five

»»——⍟——««

       Y/n panted heavily as she forced her legs to run as fast as they could. Goku's feet practically thundered and shook the whole island as he chased Y/n around, all the while grinning because he knew he could catch Y/n at any given moment. It was just more exhilarating and fun to chase Y/n around.

The island was quite small, with the beach wrapping around it. In its center was a small forest, which honestly not even a toddler could get lost in. But that was Y/n's best chance at hiding until Goku got bored of the game he'd started. She wasn't afraid of Goku, per se, rather she was afraid he'd act on his feelings towards her should he get a hold of her. And Y/n wasn't sure how strong his feelings were, nor did she intend to find out.

Y/n dived into the treeline, hiding behind a tree. She heaved, trying to catch her breath as she looked around, trying to find the near bare saiyan. She suddenly felt a pair of hands creeping up her waist, a shiver going down her spine as she whipped around to see Goku at her side.

"G-Goku! What's your problem!?" Y/n exclaimed, stumbling backwards away from him. Even if she knew he was playing, he was still a large man in just his boxers chasing her around a whole island.

"Come on, Y/n, we're just playing! I know you like it..." Goku's innocent smile began to turn into something more as he reached out toward Y/n, the tips of his fingers grazing over her arms and skin. Y/n felt her skin crawl at the touch, heat rising to her cheeks as she jumped back. It was just a second of contact, but more than enough for Goku to get an idea of the emotions flowing through her. She was distraught, confused, but more than anything, she was enjoying it. And that prompted Goku to continue, walking up to her with a smirk.

Y/n began to panic with each step he took, closing the space between them. With every step she took back, he took an even bigger one, until he was directly in front of her, his bare chest nearly filling all of her vision. Y/n blushed madly as she tried to look away, though she froze when Goku's warm hands slid up her shoulders and neck. She knew he could hear her thoughts when he held her. But she couldn't stop the intrusive thoughts that formed when she realized Goku may have been trying to take her then and there.

Her thoughts were interrupted as Goku pulled Y/n into a tight hug, surprising her. He fell backwards onto his back with a thump, squeezing Y/n to his chest as he smiled softly. Y/n blinked, shocked as she pushed herself up to look at him.

"Goku? What was that about?" Y/n questioned. She truly thought Goku had much different intentions than simply trapping her in a cuddle session. Goku hummed, pulling her back down as he pressed his face into her shoulder and neck.

"Nothing. I just like holding you, and I like playing with you. You're fun, Y/n." Goku said, his voice muffled against her shirt. He knew Y/n had expected more. But Goku didn't feel like he was ready to try something like that, not when he hardly knew anything about it or even relationships. He hardly even knew how to kiss, he never kissed Chi-Chi. And Goku didn't want to displease Y/n, not when his competition was his own son.

"We really shouldn't be doing this. It's wrong, you're married—" Y/n was cut off as Goku sighed deeply, pushing Y/n upward so that they could hold eye contact. He was finding himself enjoying looking into her e/c eyes.

"Y/n, just relax, I want you to enjoy yourself. Besides, you..." Goku paused, his smile fading as he broke the eye contact. "You keep getting hurt and getting into bad situations. Last night really scared me. I want to make sure you're safe and happy from now on."