Chapter 13

T-money left the funeral before the police could arrive.

He'd kept a close eye on the media looking for the mention of a murder in East Palo Alto. He thought it would be marked as gang related or a drug deal gone bad. So that's what he looked for in the media.

Youngsters were crazy and reckless, and he was sure that if Spencer succeeded and didn't get killed then he'd be at the least arrested.

He honestly had his money on Free, not because he made him more money than Spencer and not even because he did not like Spencer. The reasons were deeper than that.

T-money had a special interest in the Iverson family, which went deeper than anyone could know. He didn't expect Spencer to kill Free. He knew Free and Free had a good head on his shoulders. Catching Free slipping would not be an easy task.

T-money expected at worst to see Free's picture with a headline over it. Whether he was murdered or murdered someone was the question T-money was looking in the media to be answered. He thought it was tough love. He didn't know if he could live with himself if Free was killed because of him, though he was headed down that path anyway. He was knocking on deaths door, following in his father's footsteps.

T-money knew Free had never killed anyone before nor used his gun. He hoped the incident would scare him, and he'd go back crying to his mother and be back home where he was safe.

No one could imagine the emotions which ran through T-money when he turned on the morning news. He watched in stunned silence as the news of the house fire unfolded. He knew the fire was set before it was reported. He knew it was no accident. Hearing of the bodies of the child and the two women nearly sent him into a rage. When they were later identified he sat on the edge of his seat already knowing who they were. The only thing which stopped him from shooting the next person he saw was the fact that there were five members of the Iverson family. One who later was presumed to have set the fire and was missing, who T-money knew was more than likely dead. Especially since he had not shown up at T-money's doorstep after the fire. He only wondered when and where the body would be found and in what condition.

T-money's heart leaped when he heard that the little girl, Shianne, was still alive and staying with friends. T-money had long ago gotten rid of his hot-headed trait and was now known for being cool, calm, and collected. He was known for being meticulous and thinking things through. The news of the safety of one of the Iverson's gave him pause.

T-money picked up his cell and pressed the number two. He let it ring once and then hung up. A second later his phone rang.

He snatched it up.

"My bad, boss."

T-money ignored the apology.

"Spencer."

"Spencer?"

"Yes," T-money said. "Where is he?"

"I'll find 'em," was the man's response.

"Did you see the news?"

"I'm watching it now, why?" T-money did not respond. "Wait, you mean the fire is? Spin...I didn't think he had it in 'im."

T-money did not like the approval in the man's voice.

"I want him in front of me, like yesterday!"

"I-"

T-money hung up.