22. ....comfort in you....

Hello! Chapter 22 up!

Enjoy:)

.............................................................

I shall love you

Even if I can never know whether my love would be a sin or poison or honey, I shall not stop this journey of loving you.

.............................................................

"I'm hungry Vegas!" the annoyed shout came again, echoing around the room for probably the 50th time. This time it sounded like a big whine from a 5 year-old who didn't get his favorite ice-cream. And for the 50th time Vegas let out a sigh "And I told you I'm almost done. I'll cook for you once I'm done with this last document" the little bickering between the two seemed normal now. It had been a good 2 days after the incident of Pete's truth coming out happened. It somehow got too normal for them now. Everything they were, everything they felt was natural now. And that is what made Pete most anxious yet most relaxed at the same time. Something about being able to talk to Vegas this way and feel slightly at home wasn't that bad probably.

After almost 40 minutes, the room was filled with the scent of the spicy looking ramen, being red and soupy. The bowl was held in Pete's hands like a treasure yet again. Vegas, who was starting to notice the little things about the other, made a mental note that Pete enjoyed food. Food wasn't a mere way to fill his empty stomach, it was almost like a pleasure. He decided to ask the question after the huge contemplation in his mind "Why do you like food so much? Your face just lit up every time you get to eat"  Pete, who was stuffing his mouth like a hamster, looked up from his bowl that was almost finished to the man in front of him. The guy looked so different today, wearing a plain black tee and stripped white and black pants. The overall look of the guy was so relaxing and homely, even his hair just lazily swiped to the side without much work put into it. Lost in the thoughts how Vegas looked like a human today, he almost forgot to answer the question thrown at him.

"I guess I'm just thankful and in order to be respectful to the person who served me, I should eat deliciously." He stopped, but continued again "Food is something you should appreciate, it nourishes your body. Also not many people can afford it. When I was young, we barely could afford rice forget meat. I have a memory of mixing rice and water to fill my stomach three times a day. So I think I should be grateful." He said "And ofcourse it's tasty" he said casually before getting back to eating. Vegas chuckled a little and picked a tissue from the glass side table and gently wiped the others mouth "You're weird. I guess I got everything too easy in this life, I never thought of food so deeply." Vegas stated, trying to embrace this difference of ideologies and living. "Meh, I think you might've spoilt a lot. But in your defense, it's the perks of being born into a theerapanyakul family, you get what you want. Maybe you made a lot of merits in previous lifetime" Pete said, making Vegas chuckle again and nod "Maybe I made most of them with you since we saw each other in this lifetime~" the tone of the voice was the only reason Pete's cheeks were turning something pinkish like a freshly bloomed cherry blossom tree, or maybe it was the line itself "Just shut up"

--------------------------------------

Days passed, the huge chain was cut down to just handcuffs which were opened when Vegas was around. It wasn't the best development yet, but it wasn't the worse anymore. Sitting on the ground, his back leaned against the bed, Pete held a book in his slim and veiny hands, turning each page with gentleness and precision. It was a book about life, how people live it, and how life has many colors if we explore. He wasn't a fan of this, but did he have an option? And surprisingly, even these books right now were fun to him somehow and it was funny. 

"What are you reading?" Vegas inquired despite the name of the book being very clearly visible. Pete let out a silent sigh and spoke "How to cook for a jerk" he replied plainly while Vegas sat down on the bed behind Pete, slightly smiling at his reply "Seems like you wanna be a wifey material for me now" Vegas said and without even realizing, his hands gently travelled to the others head and caressed his hair. He smiled and watched the other read quietly. It didn't come as a surprise that Pete let Vegas do this to him, it was something they were used to. They stayed that way,  just acknowledging and appreciating each others presence in the silence of the moment.

------------------------------------------

"V-vegas" the rustling of the chain and the helpless whimpers of the older echoed around the dark room lit by moonlight through the big glass window. Another tug on the chain that was connected to a leash on his neck made the older groan, unwillingly move his hands and knees to crawl to his 'owner'. Standing near his feet with his head hung low and hands onto the younger's legs desperately to balance himself, feeling his painfully bruised knees and palms. A gentle hand reached out to the others hair, caressing them, radiating the emotions of being loved and cared, but that was until his hands collected a bunch of the others soft silky hair, yanking his head up harshly to make their eyes meet finally. The broken eyes of the older were begging for mercy but at the same time begging for more. At that time, the leash was pulled harsher and the older could definitely feel the pressure on his neck, leading him to choke badly, coughing helplessly "what's my name again pretty boy?" The deep, rich voice called out, smiling at the other, satisfied with the work he had done "master"

.............................................................

oops- the last part went too fast forward huh? don't worry - next chapter is detailed ;)

Hope you liked it!

Thanks for reading! ♡♡♡