Chapter 18

It was 3 in the morning. 

Walking up to Alhaitham's office, you knocked on the door. 

He opened it. Even though he had probably spent almost the whole night working, he didn't look tired. 

"You're leaving today, yet you're still working. Are you already done packing?" 

"I don't need to bring anything except mora and my sword." You rolled your eyes. 

ugh. rich people 

though I'm rich so I guess I can't criticize 

"Anyway, I'm here. So? What's the first question?" 

"How high ranking are you?" 

"So you did notice my bodyguards. I expected you too. You seem more perceptive than others." 

"You haven't answered my question." 

"I don't need to. You probably already surmised that I'm a Harbinger. You know the Akademia is working with us. You probably already have all the information. Except, my real name, my past, and basically everything except for my job and rank. Not a lot really. Anyways, just remember to pass on that message. It'll probably clear up a lot of your questions." You started walking towards the door. 

"How do you know this Y/N person?" 

"She died." 

"That doesn't answer my question." 

"Would it be better to say that she begged me to kill her?" 

"So you're lying to the traveler." 

"Just tell her that Y/N is gone then. I don't really care. Traveler would have found out anyway. If I were you, I would just tell her that Y/N is gone. You can't go telling her things that you don't know the full story of. Don't ask the traveler. She harbors deep hatred for all fatui. She won't trust you if she finds out about this." 

"You're scared." 

"I'm scared of nothing." 

"You're scared of the truth." You paused with your hand on the doorknob. 

"Aren't we all?" You left, heels clacking against the floor. 

When you entered the training ground again, one of your spies ran up to you. 

"Lady Althea. The traveler has entered Sumeru City." 

Ah, Lumi's finally here. 

"Has she received an Akasha?" 

That will begin all of our plans. 

"Of course. Due to the new policy, everyone in the city should now posses and wear an Akasha. 

"Ok then." you waved your hand in a sign of dismissal 

The game has begun. 

What will your first move be Lumi?

You walked out of building and headed to the city, hoping to catch a glimpse of Lumi. 

You spied her in the street talking to a girl. The girl ran off after seeing some eremites. Lumi and Paimon talked to the guards and sent them running in the opposite direction. After that, they ran after the girl. 

"Heh, Lumi. You haven't changed. Always helping people. Always knowing when someone needs help. Getting attached to people you shouldn't get attached to. Befriending someone who will hurt you by leaving."