Birthday

Your POV

Today was my 18th birthday. It honestly makes me nervous.

How will adult hood be?

Questions were swarming my brain at a hundred miles per hour. The excitement was buzzing inside of me. As well as the nervousness.

As I climbed out of bed to put on my clothes for the school day, the butterflies in my stomach were overwhelming. I put my usual jeans and t shirt on. I combed my hair and put some chapstick on and walked out of my room. In the kitchen was my mom, she was making pancakes. My favorite breakfast food.

"Good morning Hun" she exclaimed.

"Happy 18th birthday sweetie! Oh how much you have grown! It was just yesterday when-"

"I know I know mom. When I was just a baby" you said sighing.

"Can't I just tell you how much I miss you being my little baby girl? Of course I love seeing you grow but I truly do miss my little girl" she told me.

"Yes you can but when it becomes everyday.. it gets a little too much"

"Hm okay.." she said finally giving up the fight."

"Oh shoot I have to get going! Ima be late!" You shot up out of the dining room chairs, grabbing your backpack running for the door.

"Have an amazing day sweetheart!" You mom yelled as you slammed the front door shut.

Climbing into your car you turned it on and pulled out of the driveway.