Enjoying the moment

"You coming with us? We're going to go to the bowling alley today." Asked by Kibe.

"Nah. Maybe next time, I still have an Elective today for English.

"Okay dude. Next time then.

After bidding farewell to his friends, Kazuya checks his phone for tomorrow's class schedule. This semester, he has around 16 credit hours and is managing well as his core Business Administration courses are proving to be manageable.

It appears that the tough love and high expectations from his grandmother are paying off. As the sole Kinoshita-heir, they already have decided to let him take up the mantle of the liquor business in the future. Included with that were the best practices that his grandma learned all her life from singlehandedly upholding the whole Kinoshita family when his grandpa died.

In order to arrive early and have more time to review, Kazuya takes a shorter path that one of his friends recently made him aware of.

Upon entering the recreation hall, he noticed a familiar sight.

"There's actually a gym here at the campus. I didn't know that."

Wondering if he had overlooked any details in the student handbook, Kazuya decided to enter the gym facilities to get more information.

Noticing pamphlets at the entrance, Kazuya takes a moment to grab one.

He notes down the gym's operating hours and facilities, and quickly scan it for any useful information before heading to his Elective class.

"Alright. So, it's free. It has most of the equipment I use. There's even a shower and a locker that can be requested to the facilities for temporary usage."

Calculating the time he could save everyday, he decided to come here instead when he has classes during weekdays.

"I should make time finding a suitable mat and a few weights I could use at home. That way, I could save from the membership I paid earlier in the local gym."

He plans to come back later to check this place out more thoroughly.

Afterward, he exited the recreation hall and noticed a shortcut through the back of the library. He quickly checked the map on his phone and saw that it was a more efficient route to his next class. 

As he walked through the shortcut, he appreciated the scenic view of the campus gardens that he never noticed before. 

It was a refreshing change of pace from his usual route and it made him feel energized for the rest of the day

Soon, he finally arrived at the lecture hall. He went upstairs and got into the room where his class will be held. 

A few students are already inside, reviewing and minding their own businesses. And there he saw the familiar blonde figure he is avoiding all these past weeks.

'Was she taking this class too? I thought she was taking German.'

After selecting a seat towards the back, he nervously stole a few glances along the way. 

Then his heart skipped a beat when he realized she was gazing at him too. He panicked, looked down, and steadily made his way into his seat.

Kazuya felt uneasy whenever he caught Mami's gaze, so he would try to avoid looking in her direction. However, today he couldn't resist stealing a few glances, and he wasn't sure why.

Perhaps it was her cute hairstyle or the way she carried herself today.

Couldn't focus on the review he initially planned today; he subconsciously stole a few glances again.

*sigh*

'This is why I was avoiding her all the time. I always lose focus.

Unable to focus on his laptop, Kazuya's thoughts further drifted while stealing glances occasionally.