{Chapter 29}

Eden

"What the hell is a unity tie?" I question, watching both Althea and Rowan exchange a mutual glance of understanding.

"It's a bond forged by blood magic," Rowan says angrily, his head leaning up on the door frame. I let my eyes travel to his side, his wounds significantly better than where we started.

"Explain to me how we have a bond made by my father when you only came into my life days ago." I let out. Althea downs the remainder of whatever is left in her glass, small laughs escaping her more frequently.

"I really wish I could," Rowan says, his eyes panning over me with longing.

"This is crazy. The fact she is even here and speaking to you without ripping her own eyes out is nuts." Althea mutters, Rowan now the one scoffing.

"It's confusing to everyone involved trust me," Rowan lets out, Althea only shakes her head.

"You sent the Owl to Thoran?" Althea questions toward me.

"Yeah, my guess is he won't be here till later tonight, maybe even tomorrow morning," I say, reminiscing on just how long it truly takes an owl to reach Hogwarts.

I draw in a breath, my head spinning slightly. I stagger, letting my hand grip a nearby chair immediately. Althea's hand is outstretched, Rowan already away from the doorway, his hands wavering in the air.

"I'm fine." I let out, lifting up my shirt.

In the midst of all the chaos, I haven't given myself any time to care for my gash. I stare at the irritated skin, silently cursing at myself for letting it get to this point.

"I have something for that," Althea says, standing up to rummage through one of her many concoctions. Rowan makes his way over, grabbing a shirt Althea had for him outside his room, and pulling it over himself with ease. I watch as the muscles in his arms and chest move, his eyes dancing over mine causing me to quickly look away.

"Here, apply it anywhere that hurts-" Althea says, gently placing the container in my hand. "There's a bathroom in Rowan's room with a mirror that can help you out, I'll have Rowan look for a spare outfit for you in the cabinet while you doctor yourself up," She says her eyes lingering on me as if she wants me to say something familiar to her.

"Thank you," I say, her head giving me a slow nod.

"My room is behind me, through the green door. If you need anything just knock. I have to make a few more potions for a couple of clients before the night is over. If you need to know where something is Rowan should know... it's really nice to see you Eden" She says, fidgeting with a brightly colored thread bracelet encasing her wrist.

"I might not have a fully intact memory, regardless it's very nice to meet you...again," I say, trying to offer her some ease, even if I truly have no idea who anyone really is.

She smiles, giving Rowan a nod before making her way past the green door. Rowan motions towards the room, making his way over and opening the door. I make my way inside, the soft white sheets less disorganized than when I'd left the room. He put the picture back in the box, letting it rest on one of the chairs next to his bed. I look to the bathroom door, his eyes wavering between me and the cabinet.

"I'll try and find you something to wear. I'll slip it under the door and leave you to it," he says, wincing a bit with his movements.

I nod slowly, clutching the ointment close to me as I make my way to the bathroom. Shutting the door firmly behind me. A variety of emotions explore my mind, all hitting the same wall that seems to be blocking whatever memories could lead me to an explanation about that photo and everything that comes with it. I drag myself over to the tub, turning the dial to let the warm water run. Its white marble is a bit out of place given the looks of most of the cabin. A window offers some natural light, the sky outside now littered with stars and the loom of the moon. Shivering I pull away at my clothes, leaving myself in nothing but my underwear and bra, my skin a tattered mess.