Chapter 2: First interaction

3rd Pov.

"Ayanoukoji-san..., may I help you?" Ayanokouji was impressed that she remembered his name. Their relationship is certainly not even an acquaintance. He can only be sure that she remembered because of how diligent she was.

"Nothing, it's just that I wonder what you're doing in this rain without any umbrella." Certainly it is weird for a girl to sit alone in the rain for no reason.

"Oh, thank you for your concerns about me, but I simply want to be here, so don't worry about me." She replied.  Ayanokouji knows that she lied. Even at school, he knew that she did not act like herself. He doesn't really know her, but he can tell by her expression at school, for example, by how he fakes her smile, although certainly not to the same level as Kushida.

He had no interest in her problem, but he had involved himself with her at this point, so he might help her a little. He can't help her in aspects involving emotions, but he can still help her physically.

"Here." He handed his umbrella to her. At least this will prevent her from getting a fever.

Dumbfounded, Shiina can only take the umbrella. She seemed to want to say something, but Ayanokouji immediately left before she got the chance. Luckily, Ayanokouji doesn't really hate the cold rain.

×××

"Are you sick or what, Kiyotaka?" Itsuki asked.

"What made you say that?"

"Because you look paler than usual."

Ayanokouji's close friends noticed that his friend looked more sick than usual. Ayanokouji had certainly neglected his health since he moved here, so it was normal for him to look pale, but today it was much worse. He had a headache since this morning, and it became worse after he got to school.

"I got caught in the rain."

"Wait, I remember clearly that you had an umbrella yesterday."

"I gave it to someone."

"You don't have to be nice all the time, you know."

"Since when I was nice?" He did not consider himself a kind person. It's true that he treats people respectfully, but for him, it's common sense. He more likely considered himself a rational person.

"Yeah, yeah...You're pretty handsome, you know." He said that out of nowhere.

"Where did that come from?" Ayanokouji was confused about why Itsuki suddenly said that.

"It's just that if people take a closer look at you, they will notice that you are pretty handsome—more handsome than Yuuta, to be honest." Kadowaki Yuuta is one of the most popular boys at this school. He had a charming smile and was good at sports and studying too. Girls adorable him and started calling him a prince.  He and Shiina Mahiru both have pretty embarrassing nicknames. When Ayanokouji first saw him, he thought Kadowaki was Hirata's long-lost brother. They both gave off the same vibe. 

"You're talking nonsense, Itsuki." Ayanokouji is pretty good at disguising himself, which is why people and even someone like Itsuki, who have good observation skills, can't notice his real body, but for his face, he cannot do anything about it. His parents will be shocked if their son suddenly has a different face. 

"Anyway, you should have a good rest after school; I don't want to see my best friend in bad condition." 

"Thank."

"I'm a nice friend, right?"

"If you are not so annoying, then the answer is yes."

"Rude!"