Chapter 4: Decisions,Decisions

Jareth's POV

Sarah looked as beautiful as ever as she walked beside me. My sister was walking alongside her niece, very happy to be around my daughter.

"Your sister seems to be very clingy towards Roselea." Sarah said as she walked with her hand in mine.

"My sister has always wanted a niece. She has begged my siblings for a niece or nephew and no one has had children yet that I know of. So this is my sister's dream come true." I said, smiling, looking at the pure excitement in my sister's eyes.

"Why have you never brought Roselea here before? Your sister is so kind."

"I just thought it was too dangerous to leave the Labyrinth with a young child. I needed to keep her safe." I said, now looking at this perspective in a whole new view.

"I was wrong though... the Crystal Kingdom was my home once and I should have never kept this from her." I said and Sarah tried to comfort me.

"You were a new parent back then. You did what you thought was best."

"But was it right to shut out my entire family because that's how I was?" I said as I saw Roselea talking to my sister as if she knew her all her life. I felt like my little Rose was finally growing up right before my eyes. She acted like a proper fae princess.

"She turned out fine, I think. Look at her. She is smart, brave, beautiful, and has a great sense of humor. Roselea learned from the best, and that was from you." Sarah said as she leaned closer into me.

"Thank you, Sarah." And I gave her a kiss on the forehead.

Once we arrived at the dinner table, survants pulled out chairs for us and started to fill up glasses with water. My sister sat next to my daughter, across from Sarah and I.

"So Jareth. We will need to do a proper party for Roselea getting her crystal crown when the other siblings arrive as well as a crowning ceremony for Sarah when she becomes a fae." Esme said, planning out things as usual.

"Esme, relax. Let's take things one step at a time. We just got here and it is all overwhelming for Sarah and Roselea." I said, trying to slow down my sister's thoughts so she does not get too carried away.

"But Jareth... it's been so long since we have had a proper ball in this castle. The last ball I had was my wedding anniversary. The last crystal crowing ceremony was yours when you became of age." My sister pouted as the survants brought out the first course.

"I know I know, you missed a lot of opportunities to celebrate your niece."

"Exactly! You understand!" Esme said before she put a spoonful of soup in her mouth.

"How long has Aaron been gone? You seem to have a little bit of castle fever going on." I teased my sister and she took my bait.

"Only a couple weeks. Once I send out the invitations to all of the siblings, he should be coming along with Damien. Also, what do you mean by castle fever? I'm just excited you are here!"

"Because you missed having contact with other fae that are not your survants." I smiled my toothy smile at my sister.

"OK, fine. I did miss it. But that's because everyone is treating me as if they need to watch me all the time as if I am so fragile."

"Well you are with child, so they are just trying to be extra cautious. They all care about you." I said and she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah yeah... doesn't mean I have to like it. I can take care of myself too..." and I let out a chuckle.

"Oh, I know you can. Just please take your time though. I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself."

"OK Jareth! Don't annoy me! You know I still am the most powerful fae in the Underground and I am not afraid to put my foot down."

I chuckled at her.

"So you didn't know that Roselea is a duel elemental fae." I told my sister and her jaw nearly fell to the floor.

"Wait, what?! My niece is a duel elemental fae and you didn't even bother to tell me? Jareth! Stop keeping secrets from your loving sister!" She said as looked at my daughter and then back at me with her annoyed look.

"Well, it never came up in conversation till now. You claimed to be the most powerful fae in the Underground and I countered it. Please don't take this as a slight against you, my dear sister." I said as we finished up the soup course and onto the next.

"I'm not mad about the possibility of not being the strongest fae. I'm just mad you have kept all these secrets for so many years. You having a magic born daughter, she is a duel elemental fae, you are courting a human... what else?" Esme said and then took a sip of her water.

"What's important is now we are here to help Sarah. I brought my daughter too so you cannot be all that mad at me." I said, trying to cool my sister's anger.

She sighed and looked at Sarah then at Roselea and then back at me.

"I guess I can't argue with that. You are here finally and we can bring the whole family together in celebration. One, to celebrate Roselea, two to celebrate Sarah possibly becoming a fae, and three, the possibility of you getting married to Sarah." Esme said as her cheerful spark started to come back to her eyes.

Sarah nodded at Esme's statement then decided to speak.

"How long do you think I have to make this decision?"

Esme started to think about the logistics of her plan.

"Well, for the whole family to show up it might take up a half of a week... then preparing for the ceremony will take a couple days... so I would say about two days so we can have all the preparations ready in time."

"Two days?! That's a lot of pressure..." Sarah said and I held her hand in comfort.

"Relax, Darling. You have two nights to sleep on it and we will get through all of this within the week." I said to her to calm her down and she nodded.

"Sarah. Everything will be alright. You know I will make sure everything will run smoothly." Roselea chimed in and Esme smiled.

"Doesn't Roselea remind you of mother, Jareth?" My sister said as she lovingly looked at Roselea.

"Every day, Esme. She has her unconditional love and passion inside her." I said looking at my daughter. She smiled and blushed.

After dinner, Esme walked with us to our chambers to make sure we were able to find them again. She wished us goodnight and went off with a survant to go to her room. Roselea went into her room and wished us goodnight before she shut the door.

Sarah and I were sharing a room. We were even going to be sharing a bed, something we have done before but have not done in awhile.

I helped Sarah undress and she slipped on one of the silk nightgowns in the dresser.

I slipped into some comfortable nightly garmets. Sarah braided her hair so it would not become a tangled mess in the morning.

"Jareth... what should I do?" She told me as she finished her braid and sat on the bed.

"I think you should do what you want to do, my dear. I want whatever makes you happy."

"I either forget my life in the Aboveground or leave the Underground..." Sarah said as she crawled into bed, still trying to weigh the pros and the cons.

"Here... why don't you just sleep on it. Then we can think about it tomorrow. We had a long day and it is time for us to rest." I said as I kissed her forehead. She then turned her head to face me, wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me.

She passionately kissed me in bed as I held her tight. I never wanted to let her go. My passionate kisses were my way of trying to persuade her to stay with me.

My heart knew what it wanted. It wanted her to stay and become my loving bride.