Chapter 5: Fresh Fruit

Roselea's POV

Aunt Esme led me to my room and had a servant take my crown to keep it safe till the crowning ceremony.

"Oh! I cannot wait until your ceremony, my dear Roselea. We will host a ball in your honor! Then you will take part in Sarah's Fae transformation spell and then bind your father magically to her in Fae marriage." Aunt Esme said as she seemed to effortlessly spinned in her flowing dress.

My heart skipped a beat and I took my aunt's hands so she would not fall.

"Aunt Esme, please be careful! I would hate to see you trip on your gown." I said and she nodded, then rolled her eyes.

"Okay Jareth..." She laughed and then she took a seat on my bed and patted the spot right next to her.

I sat down and she stared to braid my hair.

"I hope to have a daughter just as sweet as you are, Roselea. Having you around is quite fun."

"I'm glad I have finally met you. I wish the Labyrinth was much closer. Then we could visit all the time." I said as my aunt finished my hair and started to help me out of my gown.

"I know... and magic travel is a bit tricky in the Labyrinth. The only time the magic is powerful enough to travel is during the Crystal Moon."

I nodded and slipped on a nightgown. My aunt smiled as she walked up to me and placed her hand on my cheek.

"What beautiful Fae marks you have, and those silver eyes are like shining crystals. You are a miracle... " Aunt Esme said as she gave me a very warm hug.

It felt like what it would be like to hug a mother. You can just feel the warmth and love in that hug.

"Would you like me to escort you to your room?" I asked and Aunt Esme shook her head.

"You should rest. I have servants that will escort me. Thank you, though. I will see you in the morning." She said as she gave me a kiss on my forehead and went out the door.

As I laid down in my bed, my mind was racing with all the thoughts of different things about this new place. I wanted to explore this place. I wanted to know what it was like in the Crystal City.

I then heard a voice coming from my window.

"Hello? Is there anyone still awake up there?" And I got up and looked out the window.

It was a Fae boy about my age, dressed more like the common folk.

"Don't you know it is night time. A time for sleep?" I said in return. He chuckled.

"Of course, you seem like you would need your beauty rest. What's your name?"

"I think I would like your name first, oh wise-cracking Fae boy."

"Oh? How original. Fine. My name is Nikolai. Now what is your name, fine maiden?"

"My name is Roselea."

"What a beautiful name for such a pretty maiden. I saw you just arrived today. Have you been able to see this beautiful city?" Nikolai said as he bowed to me and then looked up at me from where he stood.

"I haven't yet. I just had dinner and was about to retire to bed. Shouldn't you be going to bed as well?"

"But the night has just begun. Surely you would like to see the festivities we have planned that we have learned one of the Eden siblings has returned."

"I don't think I can. It would not be proper." I said as the boy sighed and admitted defeat.

"I guess you are right, fair maiden. Will I see you in the morning perhaps? There are many markets that will be out and about tomorrow."