Party

"Well, what do you think?" I questioned as I entered the living room.

"You look amazing," Ash replied. "Sit down on the couch and I'll do your makeup."

I decided for a Halloween costume, I would wear the skirt Chase got me, and then Ash volunteered to do my makeup. Right before leaving I ran upstairs and grabbed my choker and bottle of wine before making my way back out into the hallway.

I froze on my way out of the room when I saw my reflection in the mirror, My thin body fitting into the skirt and crop top. I almost liked the way I looked, which was strange because I've always been self-conscious about my body. After putting on the choker, I made my way downstairs and out the front door. Ash's house is just down the road from mine.

Stepping inside I immediately noticed small groups of people scattered about the house. Upon walking in, everyone took a moment to notice us before going back to what they were doing. Ash motioned for me to follow her upstairs to her room. Her room was a small guest bedroom. Ash dug through her dresser and pulled out two bottles of perfume. "Which one?"

I took the bottles from her and smelled them before making my decision. "Is all of this necessary?"

"No, it just adds to the look."

I nodded my head before spraying some of the perfume on myself. Ash picked up her phone and we headed downstairs. For the next half an hour the party slowly grew in size as more people showed up. Finally, around eight o'clock, Chase walked in the door, Owen right behind him. Chase stopped and stared at me for a few seconds before coming back to reality and heading into the kitchen where Ash was.

Out of curiosity, I went into the kitchen, looking for Chase. I found him standing by Ash, Tyler, and Owen in the far corner of the room. I picked up my bottle of wine and took the cap off before pouring some into a wine glass. Chase broke away from the group and came over to me. "Hey."

"Hey."

"I thought you didn't drink."

"I'm making an exception."

"Are you wearing perfume?"

"Umm... yeah"

We both chuckled and walked into the living room and sat down on the couch.

"Your umm... you're wearing the choker I got you."

"Yeah, I figured it would look good with the outfit."

"It looks better than I thought it would."

Owen walked over to us and whispered something into Chase's ear before sitting on his lap. Caught off guard, I stood up and headed back into the kitchen to find Ash. I spotted her talking to one of her friends and made my way over. "Hey umm... I think I'm gonna head home."

"Why?"

"I'm just tired."

"Did you talk to Chase?"

"Yeah." I lied.

"Okay, see you later then."

On the walk home. I took the long way and passed through the downtown. My phone vibrated and I lifted it to my face, noticing a text message from Chase.

"Hey, where did you go?"

"I have some homework I need to get done."

I shut my phone off and continued walking home. I turned down an alley behind a bar and stopped after seeing a cat. not just any cat. A black and white cat with the same markings as the one from the other night. The cat slowly approached me and sniffed my shoe. I knelt and pet it. while gently scratching its cheek, I noticed that it didn't have a collar on.