10 Back to Hope Valley

The next morning, the trainees struggle to stand straight in formation, still feeling the effects of yesterday's grueling run. The instructors walk around, inspecting them.

"THIS FORMATION LOOKS LIKE SH*T! DAMN, YOU ALL SUCK" Johnson walks around the watches, everyone standing like a zombie.

"I KNOW RIGHT, Y'ALL LOOK LIKE THE ZOMBIES, I KNOW YOU'RE WONDERING IN YOUR LITTLE MINDS, THINKING, "What's the point of all this?"
Allsen says it in a stern voice, squeezing out each word.
"DISCIPLINE! SO YOU DON'T FCK UP WHEN EVERYTHING ELSE IS FCKED UP. THIS SHOWS HOW GREAT THIS TEAM CAN COOPERATE WHEN IT'S NEEDED."

Drewn: "WE'RE GOING TO STRETCH AGAIN, WARM UP, AND THEN WE'LL START RUNNING."

"~Ahhh... nooo..~"
Some trainees whined in the formation.

Johnson: "OHHH MY LORD!! THEM ZOMBIES AIN'T GONNA STOP CHEWING YOUR ASSES BECAUSE YOU START WHINING!!! MAYBE SOMEDAY YOU RUN OUT OF AMMO, BUT YOU CAN OUTRUN OF THE ZOMBIES BECAUSE YOU PUSH YOURSELF HARD ENOUGH TODAY."

"WHOEVER MAKES THAT STUPID NOISE AGAIN GET EXTRA LAPS." Drewn

"OH YEAH, I LIKE THAT." Allsen follows.

As the trainees finish stretching and warming up, they prepare to start running again. Drewn takes off his jacket, revealing his muscular arms, and switches to shorts for better mobility.
"Johnson, you think you can keep track of their lap yourself?"

"You know I worked as an instructor once."

"Making sure you still got everything in you."

"Ha ha ha, I bet I keep more skills that you have."

"Aging is not fun."

As Drewn and Johnson have their lighthearted banter, Allsen joins the conversation.
"You're running again, Drewn?"

"Yep, I got a little lost before this training started. I need to build back up my stamina. Plus, I want to see how much I still have left in me, especially against you."

"Come on, I'm still young."

"I used to be the best. Time hasn't been kind to me."

"Yet you still whip all the young one's asses yesterday."

"That is why I can't tell where I am."

"I'll give it my all then."

"If you don't go all out, you're not respecting me."

"I don't want to give you a hard time."

"No hard feelings will be taken, Allsen. One day, you'll be old like me too."

"START RUNNING!!! GO GO GO!!" Everyone takes off when Johnson shouts.

As the run begins, Allsen swiftly breaks away from the group of trainees, and the rest of the crew follows suit with Drewn not far behind. The trainees can't help but feel a surge of determination as they witness the instructors leading the way.

Aaron looks at Allsen, who is way ahead, and he pushes himself to sprint by him.

"YOU SAY RUN AT AN AVERAGE PACE!!" Aaron trying to keep up while talking.

"I am running at an average pace, are you sprinting right now?"

"WHAT?"

Allsen suddenly started sprinting, leaving Aaron behind in the wind.

"WHAT THE F*CK?!"

"RUN AT YOUR OWN PACE!!"
Allsen shouted back at him.

When Aaron finishes his first lap, Allsen is already on his third lap. The distance between them keeps growing with each passing lap.