chapter 10

Hamza

I'm awaken by my alarm from my phone. It's five in the morning. Fajr prayer time. I should wake up Ismahan. But maybe she doesn't have her hijab on. I should then just knock. Yeah.

I'm up, on my way up the stairs when her figure appears from her room door. She's still in pajamas and her hijab. Did she not take it off?

She rubs her eyes with the back of her hand.

She's yawning, yet I smile at her. She's so cute.

"Laykom, you're up." I say. She nods happily.

"Yes, I was about to wake you. But good, you're up." She's smiling.

"I have made wudhu already. Come." I'm on my way following her into the room next to hers. It's a prayer room. She's looking at me. Two prayer mats are open, one a laid down slightly more forward than the other one.

"You can take wudhu there." She points at the closed door. I nod. I proceed my way to the wudhu room and perform my ablution. My hair is wet yet I use the towel to dry my hair to avoid getting sick.

Once I'm out of the room, I spot Isma. She's in a black jilbab. Pretty. She's sitting on her prayer mat with the Quran in her hand, reading silently. Her body is rocking herself forward and backward slowly.

I take my seat infront of her. She closes her Quran and kisses the front cover of it. Then looks at me.

"Did the athaan finish?"

(Athaan is done for a call to prayer)

(Jilbab is a dress type that covers the whole body and can be used to pray in)

"Yes, I was waiting on you." She's smiling.

My eyes roams away from her. Lower your gaze!

"Okay." I smile.

I get up.

And i lead salaah.

My recitation of surah fatiha and surah Humaza in the first rakaat, and surah fatiha and surah Lahab in the second. We finish out salaah by making our asalaam.

To say Surahs are chapters of the holy Quran.

I'm silent. Isma is silent. Our hands are up. Praying.

Making duaa.

I always feel that making Duaa after a fardh salaah is important. I always make duaa for my deceased parents, my parents who adopted me (uncle and aunt), Humairah, My friends, the people, the hunger, the homeless, and myself.

Fardh salaah is compulsory salaah.
Fardh is a command by Allah that has to be done.

I feel that Allah's words of the Quraan is so powerful. Listening and getting to know the English translation is so beautiful. Allah's mercy is so amazing. A surah can easily make me cry. Allah's words, undescribable.

We all sin everyday. We do. Unintentionally or intentionally. But check it, Allah could have punished us on the spot. However, Allah doesn't.

Allah loves us. We should find Islam, and love allah and the Nabi Muhammad (saw). We should grow onto our Deen. Leave Dunya. Allah is there for us.

Deen - islam (religion)
Dunya - world

A few minutes Isma hands rubs gently over her face indicating she finishes her duaas.

She gets up, folding her salaah mat and places it on the salaah counter. I do the same.

"Read a surah." Her back is facing me when she speaks. She is placing the salaah mats properly on its place.

I always thought that Ismahan likes to keep her things in order. For example, right now. She is making her counter clean where her salaah mats are.

Then she turns to me.

"Hm?" I look at her.

Ismahan knows I finished my hifths a few months ago. But she never asked me to read. Never before. So this was definitely unexpected.

"Don't want to read?" She asks, smiling.

"I didn't say no, love." I blurt.

She tilts her head with a look.

Yet, I look at her. She really does not get it.

"Shy?"

"Nervous?" She raises a brow.

I scoff. "No."

And I'm reading Surah An Nur.

~R