chapter 37

Ismahan

Hamza and I had only got back to the house a couple of hours later. We had freshen up, showered, cleaned up our dirty things and did some laundry. We had finished our mahrieb salaah, read our Quran and did some Thikr. I had just finished a call with Nuhaa Ukhti and Ibrahim Akhi when i heard his deep voice fade downstairs.

"Isma." Hamza calls me again as I walked down the stairs.

"Yes Hamza?" I respond to him. He is sitting on the couch in the living room but his head is turned to me. The TV was switched off. My feet takes myself to him and sit down next to him. My feet rises and crosses on the couch comfortably.

I'm wearing an emerald green, long sleeved, loose dress that reached my ankle. It was a nightwear type of dress and i loved it. Underneath I had my sweatpants on, a tank top and black socks. And over the dress I had Hamza's grey hoodie that reached till my mid thighs. To say I looked pretty dumb right now but I didn't care. Hamza's hoodie was so warm. It even smelled like him. 

I watch him as he looks at the hoodie i'm wearing. HIS HOODIE-

"Rocking in my hoodie, are we?" He hypes me with a playful smile. He's eyes takes mine as i feel my cheeks heating up for the millionth time this day. "Don't worry, you look gorgeous in it. Rocking it much better than i do too." He smiles.

Then he's serious. 

"I think we should speak about our marriage." I nod my head softly, probably sure my cheeks had redden. I would probably sigh mentally by how many times my cheeks heat up.

"What do you think?" He asks me softly. His attention is all on me as he turns to face me, his feet up the couch and crossed.

"I think so too. I think we should start planning already because I don't want to wait long. What do you think?" He tilts his head gently looking at me.

"I think so too. I cannot wait any longer to be with you." Hamza says looking straight into my eyes.

My eyes had the audacity to look elsewhere other than him. My stomach does this tingles on the inside and my heart keeps escalating like I had just ran a few fricking miles.

"O-okay..." I stutter out. My eyes shit tightly mentally scolding myself out at the little stutter. I'm brought out of my self conflict by a small chuckle that makes me look at him.

"You're just too cute." He says softly, looking at me.

"So, do you plan on anything? How do you think we should do this?" He asks me softly. "I'm not much experienced in marriages, so I thought maybe you could lead me to help somehow..." He trails.

"Yes yes sure. Whatever you're comfortable with." I respond to him softly, nodding my head.

"Okay shukran. What do you think about this?"

"I think it's okay. I'll help you along the way inshallah. I'm happy I can do it with you too." Hamza nods at me. He is always so thoughtful by asking me. He always communicates to me.

"Oh, Ummi wanted to help too. She's excited." My eyes suddenly beam nodding excitedly.

"Yes! Yes! That be great." I smile.

"Okay cool, I'll let her know and the you guys can do your womanly things." Hamza chuckles softly.

"What are you thinking about the nikkah and reception?"

"I'd like to have the nikkah in the morning at the masjid. The reception can be later in the day, if you're okay with that."

"Sure it's okay with me."