Chapter 25

Thanks for the 7k reads everyone!

Requested by Amori-Starz

——————

A few hours before

'Where the heck could they be?!' Mike yelled as he ran around, looking under the couches and table as he searched for the mini-cons. He'd come to check on the only to find the four of them as well as Ravage gone.

So he was now in panic mode.

'Just calm down, I'm sure they're fine,' Jack said, trying to get him to sit down while the boy paced in frantic circles. 'Fine? FINE?!' He yelled, throwing his arms up and almost knocking Shockwave and Greg off his shoulder, 'I was given one job! ONE! And I've already screwed it up!'

'It'll be ok Michael,' Optimus said, leaning down to his height, 'I'm sure the most likely thing they did was try and go back into town to find Jennifer and Nicholas.' 'I can try to track their location.' Ratchet offered, going over to the computer.

'Thanks,' The boy said before collapsing down on the couch, causing his two to tumble off and thrum and veem at him. The small bots climbed up the cushion and stood on the top by his head, patting his hair reassuringly.

'Ugh, I feel so bad,' He moaned into his hands as he buried his face into them. 'Well, at least we kind of know where they are?' Raf offered, sitting by him. 'But you know those four!' Mike yelled, 'They're little trouble magnets! Something's going to go wrong tonight! I can feel it!'

'Got their signal!' Ratchet said, displaying it on the computer for them all to see, 'It would appear they have indeed gone into town trying to find Jennifer and Nicholas. They're moving quite quickly by the looks of it.'

'Then I would suggest we go and retrieve them before anything bad were to happen,' Optimus said. Mike jumped up as Shock and Greg jumped and attached to his hands, climbing up his arms to his shoulder, 'Then what are we waiting for?' He asked, running over to Optimus, 'Let's go!' 

He leaped over the edge of the railing, Optimus quickly catching him and transforming. 'Alert us if there are any changes,' He said to Ratchet who nodded and transformed as well, the two speeding out of there while Arcee took over the controls.

'Hey! I wanted to go as well!' Miko pouted, falling over the back of the couch.

——————

Michael sighed and leaned against the car door as Optimus drove, Ratchet ahead of them as they made their way towards town. Shockwave and Greg snuggled down into his collar, the little bots purring happily as they did, getting a small smile out of the boy.

The atmosphere seemed to calm down when they caught sight of the city limits, street lights starting to come into view. 'We'll be there soon,' Ratchet's voice came over the radio. He just nodded and turned to look back out.

Just before they reached it, the ambulance slowed down and pulled over. Optimus went and stopped next to him, 'Is something wrong old friend?' He asked worriedly, 'Why did you stop?'

'I second signal has just appeared.' The medic muttered back, 'It's not too far from here but definitely a Cybertronian life signal.' 'Are you able to tell if it is friend or foe?' Optimus asked while Ratchet shared the location with him. 

'Negative,' He responded, 'But I would suggest we go check it out anyways.' 

'Leave that to me,' The Prime said, 'It would be better if you headed into town to go and find them. Let me deal with this.' His voice then directed at Mike, 'Will you be accompanying him?' He asked. The boy considered it a bit before shaking his head, 'I think I'd rather stick with you if that's ok?' He said, 'I trust Ratchet to find them.'