Drinking

This story happened a while back now, and it's sort of long so I hope you'll listen.

At around summer time a few years ago, something devastating happened. After that day of work I had come home and my girlfriend had totally vanished. She left everything behind, and I was completely and utterly confused. I had been blocked everywhere by her, and had no means of contact. In hindsight, I didn't treat her right. I was a terrible boyfriend, and a part of me knows that I could treat her better now, but I digress. If you're wondering, she had been in contact with some hunk overseas, in a relationship, and she flew over there on short notice. She only told one of my close friends, so he could tell me. I was hurt, but, I had bigger things to worry about.

She had left behind everything, from clothes to books, and even a chair, so I was clogged with things I definitely didn't need. A lot of stuff to comb through and likely sell. I prayed for a friend of hers or her mom to come pick up things, but alas, no. She really did leave her life behind to start anew. However, out of all of her belongings, one stuck out as the sore thumb: her pet Sprigatito. She always kept it in her room since it was directly hers, so I didn't really do anything with it often. Going through her room was the first long period of time I was close to it. We almost had a mutual agreement that this situation came completely out of the blue. It didn't love me, or even seem interested in me, but it seemed to revolve around me naturally the whole time. After that day, I decided to let it roam the house and just live around me. The next few days were like that, we shared a space but we barely interacted. I'd leave for work and sprigatito didn't even so much as greet me when I came home. I wasn't offended, because it wasn't mine, simple as that. Sprigatito just used my house as roaming grounds, and I continued to feed it while I managed everything and, of course, attempted to find it a new home.

Now then, case number 2: My friends come over every weekend to watch the sports game. There's 4 of us, so we pool our money together to buy pizza, soda, chips, and beer. It's a grand time that we wait for at the end of every week in wild anticipation, but... well, they all knew my girlfriend suddenly cut ties, and this meeting was bound to be difficult. Even moreso with a cat roaming the house, but, I swallowed my fears and bought the sodas for the get-together.

The day had finally come and we were all gathered to watch the big game. It wasn't due for a few minutes and, while we attempted to avoid it, the top of my girlfriend was brought up. I couldn't hold it anymore, and I completely broke down into tears. I missed her so much, and I was tired of lying to myself about hoe much it hurt. All my friends comforted me and said all they could to get my spirits up, but I just vented our all my frustrations with force. About how she cheated on me, how she didn't even leave a letter, and how she left me with all her junk and the sprigatito. When I mentioned sprigatito, it seemed to catch their attention, and they were legitimately confused. After I explained a bit, it walked in. They seemed slightly befuddled. After I had finished, the game had already started.

We drank, we ate, and we had a fun time, all while Sprigatito slept under my living room table. It was a great pick-me-up, as always, and once the halftime show started, we all decided to take a moment to talk, too. After a bit of babbling... the conversation shifted to Sprigatito. One of them said that what my girlfriend did was messed up, and that leaving a Pokémon behind was terrible. And that all of them hated how she broke my heart and I basically got no closure at all. I shrugged because, like, what could I do about it. But suddenly, out of nowhere, he mentioned that we could get revenge. I don't know what possessed him to say that, but we all were confused. And then, he picked up a beer bottle, pointed it at sprigatito, and said "let's make it throw back a bottle. It's her cat, right?"

There was silence. Not silence of shock, but silence of thought. It wouldn't affect her directly, but... for some sort personal fulfillment, I guess, it sounded good. One by one, we all followed the evil idea. Even I smiled at the thought. I barely felt anything for it, so it wouldn't hurt at all. At this point, it was clear that we were doing it. I reached under the table, and slowly picked Sprigatito up from the armpits. It was in a daze, just waking up, so it didn't seem to fully register what was happening. As I brung it to my chest, everyone go into position. Now I regret it, but... at that moment I felt excited for some reason. Not the kind of excitement you feel when your team is winning, but a different type of excitement. An evil excitement. I needed it badly, and I held sprigatito firmly. And, in one swift motion, one of them grabbed its head and pulled it back, while another put the bottle in its mouth and titled.

Its eyes shot open as it kicked the air, completely stunned by the entire moment. My friend didn't stop at a little, no. He kept it held up high, forcing it to swallow more and more beer. As its gulps got loud, and its struggling got worse, some beer shot out of its nose. And at one point, it started crying as it stopped fighting. Finally, though, it managed to finished the bottle, and a loud pop was heard and the bottle was pulled away. We all laughed loudly as we looked over it. It was crying a mess and had lost the strength to struggle any longer. I put it back down as I got my bearings. Watching it was something else, too. It was burping, hunched and sniffling. It looked completely defeated as it breathed heavily. I can only imagine how overwhelmed and disoriented it must have been. And, praying that the alcohol reached its system fast, it was about to get much worse.

We all sat with smiles as the game started again, but as we watched, things got spicier. Every time our team would score a big point, someone would grab Sprigatito again. And force it to drink again. It didn't matter who, someone would grab it again, hold its head, and force it to drink more and more of their beer. Everytime it would cough, gag, ans burp. It almost became second nature, ans soon, it was too drunk to move. But we didn't stop overloading it until the game was done. Until its eyes were barely flickering. Until it was drooling. Everyone was drunk, laughing, and having fun, while Sprigatito was suffering and completely stunned. All was fun and games until, suddenly, while laying on a friend's lap, Sprigatito peed. They flinched and got mad, throwing Sprigatito off of their lap and standing up almost instantly. We tried to calm him down, and, while he did calm down a bit from his unquenchable rage, he was still angry. So he dipped down and lifted Sprigatito by the neck fluff. And then, smacked it. HARD. Saliva flew as Sprigatito's head was thrown back. It's eyes were barely open, but the tears were there. My friend put it down on the ground again, and for the rest of the evening, we left it alone.

The rest of that night is a blur. We all left and I crashed. Turns out I massively overdrank, and the next day I had a hangover over the devil. Sprigatito was clearly worse, though. When I woke up, it had moved, and I eventually found it in my ex-girlfriend's room. It was just laying by a corner. It was in a more proper position, but its eyes were barely open. It didn't even look at me. It just stayed there, slowly blinking. I didn't approach it, or talk to it, or anything of that nature, I just left it alone. I understood that it had went through something traumatic, on top of a horrific hangover, and it's a miracle that it wasn't dead already. I closed the door once again and left it be.

The day after is when I actually got my shit together, and everything sort of returned to normal. Sprigatito was walking around again, but obviously avoiding me. No clear fear or running, but complete avoidance. Until it was food time, at which I saw it again. From here on out, though, it's not an "it." It's a her. As she was drinking her water, I had a clear view of her crotch and... let's just say it's not ambiguous. My friends were also talking back and forth again about the next week, and what our plans were, so all seemed well. I was even having a good week at my job, it really was a joy. But... I couldn't quite take my eyes off Sprigatito anymore. Something changed that day, and I really couldn't view her the same. I can't even confidentially tell you what I saw in her now. But I liked her more. And what happened the weekend prior... I wanted to do again and again, and again and again. I really wanted to, and it's all I thought about when looking at her. Just how many ways we could have fun with her, and the endless possibilities that I could come up with. That's all that went through my head with that little Pokémon. That's how it would continue to be for a long time.