Chapter 10: Jellal

Were you surprised by me when you took me home?
When the glamour wore off
Reduced to skin and bone

Fragile

"Oh, so you came, Mystogan?" Laxus laughs

"Oh, so you came, Mystogan?" Laxus laughs. "I never imagined you would join in on this game."

"If you take down the Thunder Palace at once, it could be explained away as part of the entertainment." Your heart warms at how nice Mystogan was, unlike Laxus who was so keen on destroying everything.

"How simple-minded. You know that people have been saying the title of the strongest member of Fairy Tail belongs to either me or you."

They go back and forth as you try to come to terms that Mystogan was comfortable enough to converse with Laxus in such a casual manner. Maybe they had conversations previously on the second floor? Mystogan did mention that he occasionally stayed there.

"If that is the only way you can see things, then perhaps you're the simple-minded one." Mystogan hisses.

Your jaw drops as the blue-haired man becomes more attractive in your eyes with that simple statement. 

"Let's find out who the strongest is for once and for all, Mystogan,"

"No, another-" Mystogan seemed alarmed at what Laxus was going to say, as he suddenly attacked with his Magic Staves. You wondered what Laxus was about to reveal to get Mystogan so worked up.

The blond immediately uses his lightning magic to counter Mystogan's magic staves, causing explosions and tremors that push you into the middle of the wall you were staying on.

"Where did you learn about that?" Mystogan points his staff at a smirking Laxus, the latter pointing his palm at the former.

"Goodness. What a rare treat it is to see you flustered," Laxus jeers to which you internally smirk, it might be a rare treat for them, but definitely not for you.

"Where did I find that out? Good question. Maybe, I'll tell you if you can beat me." The blond taunts.

Mystogan accidentally sets his eyes to the side, catching sight of you. You see his eyes widen which didn't go unnoticed. Great, he saw you fried out of your mind.

"Oh? You two know each other?" Laxus wiggles his eyes and you grunt in annoyance. He makes a show of electrocuting you again just to taunt Mystogan even more. Great.

You scream in pain, you were already down for the count and he just hurt you even more. The blue-haired man was unmistakably irked at what Laxus did. Master's grandchild was more annoying than they let on.

"You'll regret this, Laxus. You're about to witness the magic you've never seen before!"

Mystogan beckons for you to move away from them as Laxus urges him to bring it on. You make an effort to move, but your wounds feel worse than they looked. You shake your head to indicate that you're struggling to move to which he nods.