Chapter 01: S-Class

The tarot cards say it's not so bad
And the blades rotate,
There's just no landing pads

Greek Tragedy

"(Y/N), come here!" Lucy calls, catching your attention. She was holding two plates of your favorite food and your mouth waters mentally as you walked over to her, the food looking too delicious to pass on.

You knew that these were one of their baits again. Apparently, Team Natsu challenged each other to see who would make the most emotionless person in the guild express something.

Known for being perceptive and blunt comments, there was a tendency for other people to be intimidated by you, fearing the honest words that might come from your mouth.

Also, because you might expose their secrets which the probability of you doing so is 50 percent. Let's just say you are quite observant and the quietness helps.

You avert your gaze to Lucy as she chuckles nervously, "Figured out you wanted these?"

The blond mage raises the plates higher. Her eyes focused on your face, hoping to see any kind of emotion, but to her disappointment, there was none.

You nod as a reply, taking both plates to not waste the opportunity.

"Thank you." You retort, expressing your gratitude and she nods.

Lucy puts the other plate down in front of you, watching intently as you finish eating. Normally, you'd be uncomfortable, but it was just Lucy.

"So?" She asks, maybe expecting some kind of other reaction.

"It was good." You respond and make your way to Team Natsu's table.

"Hey (Y/N), fight me!" Natsu says as you approach the said table. You merely blink at him as he pouts in disappointment.

"You should just drop the challenge, guys. I don't see how any of you can—" You stutter as you get cut off as soon as members of the guild drop one by one, some falling asleep on the floor.

You look around the guild, wondering why only you haven't fallen asleep. Turns out, Master Makarov wasn't affected by it as well.

His eyes bore themselves into yours, wondering why you weren't affected by the strong sleeping magic that made even the strongest mages fall asleep.

A hooded man with some staves strapped to him walks into the guild and you wonder why you haven't seen him before. "Who's that?" You unconsciously let slip.

"Mystogan..." Master Makarov spouts and you slightly open your mouth in shock. Mystogan is one of the few people in Fairy Tail that you haven't met yet, the others being Laxus and Gildarts.

You both watch as the man steps forward into the guild, key-like sounds filling the quiet room filled with the soft snores of your sleeping guildmates.

He tears off a job from the job board and turns his head to look at you, presumably confused as to why his spell didn't affect you. That makes the two of you as you were puzzled too.