016-steve vs billy

BILLY STALKED OUT OF HIS CAR, EYES SET ON THE COUPLE IN FRONT OF HIM.

Carla and Steve both stood on the front deck, eyes watching the mullet wearing boy carefully.  Steve's eyes were trained on him, almost threatening him to try and enter the house.  Despite the seriousness they were facing, the Wheeler enjoyed seeing this more protective Steve.  The Steve who cared for the kids and what could happen to them.

"Am I dreaming, or is that you, Harrington?" Billy asks as he leans against his car door, cigarette dangling in between his fingers casually. 

"Yeah, it's me. Don't cream your pants." Steve replied in an almost casual town. If it wasn't for the fact Billy was right in front of her, Carla probably would have laughed at the witty comeback.   Instead, she bit her lip to stop the smile that was appearing at his words.

Billy wasn't fazed, and took off his jean jacket to show off his unbuttoned shirt and bare chest.  Why? Carla wasn't exactly sure; it wasn't like Steve or Carla were impressed by the sight.  Steve narrowed his eyes at the action, before giving a small glance towards his girlfriend, "Stay here."

The two boys that walked up to one another, meeting a few feet away from each other in the middle of the drive way.  Billy was quick to start small talk, "What are you doing here, amigo?"

"I could ask you the same thing...." Steve's voice was hard, and not as playful as Billy's tone.  He mimicked the boy's choice of wording, though it didn't run as smoothly off his tongue.  "....amigo."

Billy replied, cigarette dangling in between his lips, "Looking for my stepsister. A little birdie told me she was here." As expected, Steve denied that Maxine was here, causing Billy to continue on, "Small? Redhead? Bit of a bitch."

Carla let out a small scoff at the way he spoke of Max.  The way he called her a bitch really got on her nerves; it really showed a lot about who Billy was as a person. Steve seemed rather upset too, but he didn't show it at all, trying to keep a good composure, "Doesn't ring a bell. Sorry, buddy."

"You know, I don't know, this.....This whole situation, Harrington, I don't know.  It's giving me the heebie-jeebies." the Hargrove stepped forward, getting even closer to Steve than he previously had been.  A little too close for comfort, to the Wheeler girl, but she didn't want to step in the way.

"Oh, yeah? Why's that?"

Billy took a drag of his cigarette, "My thirteen year old sister goes missing all day. And then I find her with you....in a stranger's house." He paused a moment, accusingly pointed fingers at the Harrington, "And you lie to me about it."

Steve tried to recompose himself, turning his head away nervously—he'd never been the best liar. "Man, were you dropped too much as a child, or what? I don't know what you don't understand about what I just said. She's not here."

Billy let out a dry chuckle as he spoke, before leaning in close, pointing his cigarette towards the window, "Then who is that?"

Carla and Steve both looked at the window he was pointing to, noticing the four tweens peeking over the couch, Max clearly visible, even from afar.  Noticing the three elders looking towards them, the four quickly duck down, but it was already too late.  Billy had seen her.

Before Carla could even try to explain something to the blonde, he shoved Steve onto the ground, causing the boy to let out a soft groan at the contact.  Billy stepped over the brunette, having the advantage point, saying,  "I told you to plant your feet," before proceeding to kick him in the stomach.