PROLOGUE

Ashley Parker had always dreamed of a life beyond the confines of her small town. As the eldest daughter in a family shadowed by her father's alcoholism, she knew that escaping to London to pursue her psychology master's degree was more than just a dream—it was her salvation. Deprived of her father's love and witness to his destructive habits, Ashley had grown up believing that love was a fairytale, a whimsical notion that wasn't meant for her. Her heart, once filled with hope and longing, had hardened over the years, leaving her skeptical and wary. London was her chance to start anew, to build a life free from the shadows of her past. But life had other plans for Ashley, and sometimes, even the most guarded hearts find themselves entangled in unexpected ways.

Ashley had seen what love could do, how it could break people apart and leave them shattered. Her father was an alcoholic who abused her mother, and she had witnessed their marriage crumble and fall apart. She had never felt what being loved felt like, and the thought of letting someone in terrified her.

This fear had also affected her friendships in high school. She had always kept a moderate distance, a distance that's close enough yet not too close to hurt each other.

🌸🌸🌸
Dear readers,

I am thrilled to announce that I am taking a leap of faith and writing a story for the very first time. As someone who loves to read and admire great storytelling, I am excited to finally put my ideas in this story.

However, I am also aware that this is a new challenge for me, and I would greatly appreciate your support and feedback. Your encouragement and constructive criticism will help me grow as a writer.

Please do not hesitate to share your thoughts and suggestions with me. I am open to any feedback that will help improve the story and make it more engaging for you.

Finally, I would like to thank you for taking the time to read my work. Your support means a lot to me, and I hope that you will continue to follow my journey as I explore the world of storytelling.

Don't forget to leave comments, vote and share your support for the story. Thank you!

Sincerely
Sriishhh💗