Information

Name: Mary Elizabeth Randell

Age: 19 years old

Occupation: Trainee Combat Nurse

Date of Birth: 20th October 1926

Family: Birth parents ( Unknown)

Claire Elizabeth Beachamp ( adopted mother)

Frank Randell ( adopted father)

Appearance: Dark brown hair, blue eyes, fair skin.

Height: 5 foot 4

Played by: Sarah Bolger

Personality: kind, independent, practical, stubborn at times, understanding, curious, sarcastic, empathetic, shy sometimes.

Hobbies: Dancing ( she loves to dance the waltz with her father), spending time with her family ( board games in particular), learning about botany and their medicinal properties, history, Winnie the Pooh ( she read the stories as a child and listened to them on the wireless). Cooking, games, school, reading, going to the cinema.

Backstory

When Mary was born, her parents could not look after her and placed her in an orphanage. Due to this, she had no knowledge of who her biological family was.

When she was very young, she was adopted by Frank and Claire Randell who couldn't have children and decided that this was the best option.

When she was old enough to understand, they told her about her adoption, she was sad but they reassured her that they loved her regardless from the moment she came home and proud to call her their own which made her cry.

As she got older, she loved to do many things from cooking to botany.

In school, her favourite subject were science and history, especially the Tudors.

Mary wears glasses sometimes when she reads her favourite poems and books, even though her vision o really is good and she dislikes wearing them.

Her father was a school teacher so most of her historical knowledge was from him and her mother worked as a nurse in which they shared the same passion for medicinal plants.

At 12 years old, Mary was in the girl guides which she enjoyed earning the badges for.

A year later when the war broke out, she was helping to make knitted blankets and comforts for the war effort and also munitions.

When she was 16 years old, she lied about her age to join the war as a combat nurse, even though she helped with injured animals, studied and learned everything so she could be at least passed off as a trainee.

She wanted to be with her parents more than anything, especially her mother.

At the end of the war, Mary came home alone and reunited with her father, Frank.

It was 6 months afterwards, both father and daughter decided to take a holiday to Inverness in the Scottish Highlands to get away from everything and cat h up on lost time.

Little did Mary know, her already strange world will soon be replaced with another one.

All copyrights belong to the original creators of the TV show and the author.

My oc Mary and her story inserts to the original are mine.