PROLOGUE

Destiny 

The street lights began flickering, and the foul stench of blood filled my nose. I wrinkled my nose and continued walking, my footsteps echoing through the empty lane. I went to check the body. 

Alaric V. My fourth target for this month. I wouldn't lie, he was as slippery as an eel. With the fast cars, and crazy wheel tricks, I felt like I was in an action movie. Except of course, my life itself was one. A crazy ride, a notorious and dangerous one. And thats why I loved it. 

As I picked up his head of the dirty streets, I saw that his eyes had rolled back into his head. A perfect bullet had struck right between his eyes. Blood dripped onto my gloved hands and I swore. Now how the hell do I clean this. 

I picked up my cell phone, as I let his head fall back onto the ground with a splash, as it just rained. I took an image and sent it to my boss, the precious snake. 

Destiny: I got him right in the centre. It wasn't easy, need a little higher cash than last time. 

Venom spitter bitch: Whatever. Good job, I guess. I'll increase it by about 2000 dollars? 

Destiny: Fine. Call me when the next job is up. 

Venom spitter bitch: Sure. And try to improve your aim. It went a little to the left eye. 

That bitch. How dare she tell me to aim properly when she couldn't even hold a gun. Welp, I guess she paid well. Sighing, I got into my beat up Honda and began driving home. The body would be cleaned up by her specialised cleaners. I had no idea where she got them from but hey, when your rich, you'll probably even get a home staying wine maker. 

But I wasn't. Thats why I had to work for the rich. Just kill, get paid and go home. Simple. 

I pulled my hoodie and began driving home. On the way, I dumped my gloves. They were brand  new leather ones from the thrift store. I hated my money to be wasted. 

As I began driving, I admired  Southern California at night. It was always bright and lively. Unlike England, which in my opinion was a bit bland on the city life. But then again, its probably because I lived in England all my life. 

On my way from LA to Santa Monica, I saw the Hollywood sign, shining from the great mountain. It was my original dream, to become a Hollywood actress, to be a person you thought of when you said Hollywood. But then one thing led to another, and all my dreams were shattered.

After about an hour, I finally reached Santa Monica. Now this felt more like home. With the much more beach vibes, and not seeing my broken dreams of getting into Hollywood I felt much better seeing my own home. 

I drove to the house which was 10 minutes away from the pier. I could see the lights of the ferris wheel still shining. 

I quickly got out of the car, removing my hood. I opened the door with my spare keys and went inside the living room. I found the lights still on, and saw Adam with a bottle of wine and two glasses. 

"I thought I told you not to wait." I said. 

"And I thought I told you I wouldn't listen." He replied with a smile. 

"Oh god, why did I deserve you, the perfect man." I smiled and walked up to him and sat on his lap. 

"I  think I ended up with a goddess actually, but hey she might just be a troll in disguise." He said smirking at me. 

"Shut up." 

He simply smiled at me and my heart melted. Adam was my boyfriend of three years. We had met at a college lecture, when he accidentally came to the psychology class, and sat down next to me. With the most perfect grey eyes, and chocolate brown hair, a sweet personality I instantly fell for him. He was the only person I knew from England, and we instantly bonded. One thing led to another, and one day I was naked in his sheets. And after that, he invited me to his house and we began living together. Though he was rich, financially he never made me feel as if I was leeching of him. He made me feel I was his equal. The perfect man. 

He was the only thing that made my life okay. A life I could actually live in without feeling the constant urge to contemplate my purpose and self worth. Because he made my feel worthy of love. 

"So wine or shall we get straight to it?" He asked interrupting my thoughts. His lips were stained with wine, and I needed them on me, right away. 

I gave him a knowing look. His lips parted and his eyes darkened and in a moment, his lips were crashing into mine. 

His kiss was gentle, yet passionate to show me he adored me in a special type of way, a way that he could adore no other woman. My lips slowly parted, and his tongue slipped in. And that changed the way of the kiss, making it wild. His tongue met mine, and together they danced in the insides of our mouths. 

He suddenly lifted me off the chair and started kissing my neck.  

To repay the favour I did the same thing. And in a matter of seconds, we were in our bedroom, with no clothes. Only the cloth of love for one another was wrapped around us. 

We continued our night, slow and languorous, like we had all the time in the world. At the end of it we were a mess, yet it was a beautiful mess. 

He slowly turned and faced me after sliding into the covers. 

"Goodnight my love." He whispered gently pushing a strand of hair behind my ear, and kissing me on the forehead. 

I felt giddy, as if I was on drugs. And yes I was on drug, the most dangerous one. The one that could kill me, the one that would absolutely destroy me the moment I got of it. And the one that was going to lead me to my death. I was on the drug of love. And little did I know, how much I would suffer because of it. 

******************************************************************************************

I mean that was a good prologue right? Well i hope it was. About the updates, (I'm literally talking to no one lol) it will be every Saturday at around some time. I really have no idea because I need to fix my schedule. If anyone comes, comment and follow. Xoxo 

Next update: 18th March 2023. 

Bye for now >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>