𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝕾𝖎𝖝

𝕬𝖓𝖎𝖞𝖆𝖍 𝕵𝖊𝖓𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖘' 𝕻𝕺𝖁|| 𝐒𝐮𝐧, 𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟔 @ 𝟑:𝟓𝟖𝐩𝐦 ||

𝕬𝖓𝖎𝖞𝖆𝖍 𝕵𝖊𝖓𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖘' 𝕻𝕺𝖁
|| 𝐒𝐮𝐧, 𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟔 @ 𝟑:𝟓𝟖𝐩𝐦 ||

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

Setting into my cozy balcony chair, I cross my legs and sink deeper into its embrace, ready to lose myself in my Netflix series.

Meanwhile, Dejanae and Sashawna sit on either side of me, lost in their own activities.

We had planned to spend this weekend lazing around with no particular agenda, and true to our plans, they had arrived at my apartment around 11 am this morning, to start our 'lazy day' as Dejanae had termed it.

After several minutes of blissful silence, Dejanae's voice broke the silence, catching the attention of both Sashawna and me.

"Everybody just drowsy suh. Lawks. Lighten up mon and mind unuh drowsy vibes rub off pon me," she exclaimed, and Sashawna responded with a bemused expression, leaning forward and resting her chin on her hand.

"Girl you alright dan me enuh. Right now me woulda spread out yasso and go sleep to how the breeze cool," Sash stated, and i turn my gaze back to the laptop, not uttering a word.

Dejanae noticed my demeanor and scooted her chair closer to mine and asked, "You and him still nah talk?" causing me to let out an exasperated sigh.

Ever since the incident that occurred last week with Malachi basically arguing with me about being weak-hearted towards people with insincere intentions, our relationship went downhill.

He hasn't spoken to me again with regards to it - Matter a fact, he has been avoiding any non-work-related conversations with me.

And despite my attempts to be the mature one and suggest that we put aside our differences, he has been dismissive, responding with curt statements like, "Miss Jenkins, I'll let you know if there's anything else that needs to be done."

And it's taking a toll on me especially given the separation anxiety I have whenever we're apart.

It's like a constant, heavy weight on my chest - a wave of sadness like a tide that pulled me under every time I'm away from him and the only relief came when we were at peace and side by side.

I avert my gaze from the laptop screen and shrugged in response to Dejanae's question, "Yup. Malachi alright than me enuh. Anything weh him wah do, him do cause me cah bada," I admitted, feeling a sense of bitterness creeping in.

Deej and Sash stayed silent and listened as I ranted about the situation, "Cause at first me did understand why him nah talk to me but now him a drag this out and a be petty. Me did even tell Bryan yesterday fi doh talk to me if nuh involve work but it coming like say me do that ina vain cause me and di big man apparently leff now."