Chapter 3: Sound of Madness

<Midoriya's POV>
Beep Beep Beep Bee...
My turn off my alarm so that I can get ready for my early workout. I have the same routine every morning. Wake up at 5am, grab a protein bar, go for a morning jog until 6am, have a slight workout at the beach until 6:45, head back home to get into the shower, and eat breakfast. It can be a tedious routine sometimes but I like doing it cause it keeps me in shape and helps to keep my mind off of things that would happen at school. While I try not to let it get to me, there is only so much that my mind can take before the torment start to take a strain on me.
After I finish my workout, I start to walk home so that I can shower. As I walk down the street, I see a familiar head of violet hair. That girl that I kept on seeing everywhere I went yesterday, seemed to be chilling while looking out of her bedroom window. She seemed to either be listening to something or writing something down. As if noticing my presence, she looks up to see me and we lock eyes. As if to acknowledge each others existence, we silently nod to each other and we turn away, going back to our own lives.
I head inside my apartment and grab my towel so that I can immediately head to the shower. As the hot water touches my skin, I can feel the filth wash away as I feel renewed. I can also feel the numerous scorch marks left there by the amazing basard known as Katsuki Bakugo, although I call him Kacchan. Even though he is a complete asshole, I can see that there is some good in him and am hoping that he can calm down on being an aggressive pomeranian. Though that doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon.
As I exit the shower, I wipe the mirror so that I can take a good look at myself. I have a mix of emotions as I look at myself. At first, I feel hatred towards myself that I haven't been able to escape the shitty life that I've had for a long time. Then I start to feel proud of myself that I was able to earn the respect of the greatest hero of all time, All Might, and he even passed down his quirk to me. That is a massive accomplishment that only I can say that I have done. And then I feel confusion. I feel this way because of the fact that I kept on seeing and thinking about that violet haired girl. Not just because of her quirk, but also her style, her taste in music, and just the fact that I kept on seeing her everywhere I went. She is interesting and I kinda want to know more about her.
I exit the bathroom and head to my room to get dressed but then I sit my deak for a while as I work on the guitar rift that I have been trying to figure out since I've been trying to work it out for at least a month. As I groan in frustration, I put my guitar down and walk out to the dining room where my mom is almost finished making breakfast. She was making steamed rice, miso soup, tamagoyaki, and some grilled fish. It smelled absolutely delicious, one of the only things I look forward to in the day.
"Good morning Izuku, I'm almost finished with breakfast so can you can set the table for me?" my mom says to me as she realized I walked into the kitchen. My mom, Inko Midoriya, is an amazing mom. She is raising a child on her own while working a full time job. She basically a single mother since my father had left before I was born for a business trip and hasn't come back. I haven't had any ambition to actually look for him. I honestly don't have any feelings toward him whatsoever. He hasn't any impact in my life for me to care.
Anyways, I set the table as my mom asked me to do. Mom brings the food towards the table for us to sit down and eat. We say our thanks for the food and get into eating and our morning conversation. "So, what are you going to do today, Izuku?" she askes me.
"I'm probably just gonna go to the music shop again and work on the songs that I've been working on. Nothing different than usual." I responded. We have a similar conversation almost every morning. I don't mind it though, cause we haven't had the same relationship since I was young.
"Well, I'm most likely gonna have a long shift at the hospital. I still think you should try and get at least one friend to spend some time with.  Being by yourself all the time can be very depressing," she responds to me. She knows that I spend my time on my own by choice, at least nowadays, but she doesn't have to know that. We stay mostly quiet for the rest of breakfast before mom gets up and gets ready to leave for work. "Ok Izuku, have a good day and know that I love you."
"I will and I love you too mom. Have a good day," I respond before she leaves the house. As soon as she locks the door, complete and utter silence. I like the silence almost as much as I like blasting rock music. There is just something surreal about it. It's like you are listening to the natural music of the world cause you don't know what sounds could be happening around you when there is noise, but it can also give you time to think. It can help get the creative juices flowing but it can also help you mellow out; it is just like music in that way. But in this silence, my mind thought of other things than music. I started to think about that violet-haired girl again. It's crazy to me that I keep thinking about her. The only things in my life that made me think about them constantly were heroes and music, but this girl that I had never met before in my life and only saw twice, has invaded my mind like the most beautiful melody you could've ever heard.
Maybe it was her punk/alternative attire or the fact that she looked like she was in her own little world when she was listening to music, or her quirk, or perhaps all of it combined, but I have been constantly thinking of her. And it's even weirder that my heart starts to beat a thousand times per second it feels like. If anybody could hear what my heart sounded like, surely it would sound like The Sound of Madness to them. And I could write a book on my pain throughout my entire life, my current objective is to find a way to meet up with that girl again cause I have to learn more about her as much as I can. At this moment, I realize what time it is and get ready to head to the music store. When I leave the house who do I run into? Why, that violet-haired girl.