Chapter two - missions

Since Giyu was now a pillar, he had missions to attend to. The missions were harder then the lower ranked demonslayers and sometimes included very strong demons only pillars could handle and kill.

At the time now, he was on a mission in a forest, southern of Japan. It was daytime at the time, but demons could still be roaming around in the forests shadows.

The water pillar was walking  around the place, scouting for any demons or suspicious activity, before a sudden noise could be heard in a bush, some meters / many feet away from Giyu. He held his katana handle and stared in the direction of the sudden noise. His focus was on, as he kept staring in the direction of the noise. But, before he knew it, the noise suddenly appeared behind him. Giyu quickly turned his attention to the noise behind him and looked that direction after staring at the other direction. It felt like the 'noise' was tricking him on where it came from. Beside him? Behind him? He didn't know anymore because now the noises was both places.

Tomioka kept focusing before suddenly a demon appeared behind Giyu, about to attack him, but Giyu turns his body around and blocks the attack by using Water Surface Slash, the first form. He crosses his arms, releasing a singular, concentrated slash, aiming at the demons arms to stop the attack from happening. The demons gets its arms cut off as it jumps some meters /a few feet backwards to avoid getting attacked again by the pillar. "Tch..." the demon let's out as it, slowly, regenerates it's half cutted off arms. "A pillar, eh?.." The demon says to itself as it gets done regenerating it's arms. Giyu stares at the demon, knowing when to attack. He jumps towards the demon and leaps forward into the air before performing a front flip, releasing a singular slash in a circular motion at the demon, doing more damage at the demon. It, or the demon, gets more damage on itself, before it uses its speed and suddenly appears behind Giyu, kicking Giyus back making Tomioka get launched into a tree with his stomach first. He coughs but some salvia as he gets back in fighting position to attack the demon. He uses the third form, Flowing dance as he dances in a motion with his Nichirin sword, towards the demon, aiming at the demons neck, slicing it off, 'easily'. The demon lays on the ground, flabbergasted, as it dissolves into many million pieces before fully fading away. Giyu coughs up some more salvia, with some blood too, as he holds his stomach.

He got himself to a nearby lake and sat down by it as he took off his haori and top uniform. He looked at his stomach and saw many blue spots and things like that. Luckily, he had bandages with him he could bandage his wounded stomach with, to support it if something inside his stomach had broken. He started to wrap the bandage around his stomach, tightly, but not so tight he couldn't breathe, and when he got done, he just sat there, admiring the lake. As time went, he fell asleep beside the fine lake, fully clothed now.

Sanemi Shinazugawa, the wind pillar, was currently also on a nearby mission. He had stumbled upon a small village in the daytime, and was now enjoying his time in the small village, walking around.

Sanemis small gazes over the town was peaceful and calm. Which it rarely was. He noticed an restaurant in the town and got a little hungry as he thought about food. He hadn't eaten any food since this morning, which was now many hours ago. Shinazugawa entered the restaurant and got himself a table to sit on as he ordered what he wanted. He enjoyed his food too and when he got done, he payed and went back out.

For the rest of the day he wandered around in the small town before the sky started to turn darker and darker.

Sanemi sighed, knowing he have too head back into the forest he was supposed to have a mission on. He ran out of the village, fast, and arrived at the forest in no time, searching for any activity or auras. One thing he also did was that he gathered some information in the village too. It had been said by some people that young women had been missing these past few weeks. It irritated Sanemi by the thought of a demon killing someone, he would make sure that the demon gon' have a painful death.

As he was running through the forest, he noticed someone beside a lake. Sanemi stopped running and stood there, staring at the person wondering who it is. He walked towards them and looked at them. It was Tomioka. What was he doing here? Is he asleep?? Sanemi keeps staring at Giyu before he says while resting his hands on his hips: "Oi, dumbass, wake up." Giyu wakes up and slowly opens his eyes and looks at Sanemi, sleepy. Sanemi gets distracted by seeing Tomioka like this, before he says again: "get up" as Giyu did so. They both stand there in silence before Sanemi sighs: "see ya.. I guess." Before walking away from Giyu and leaving him by the pond. Giyu watches as his heart rate goes up a bit. He wondered why, but kept quiet as he also walked away, to continue on with his mission..

// to be continued- \\