Chapter:4

"Oh no, no" My dad said as he saw my undead mother. Tears ran down his face and he reached for his gun.

"Dad, no!" I said and took the gun away.

"Lizzie, what are you doing?" He said with a confused look.

"Shes just different, she doesnt mean to hurt us shes just hungry" I said.

"We have to do this Liz, shes not herself anymore shes a monster. Your moms gone, thats just a corpse, she wants to eat us." he said and looked at her getting closer.

"No! You cant kill her" I yelled at him. He needed to understand it, he just needed to!

"Yes we do, Lizzie!" Before I could respond he grabbed the gun from me and shot her in her head.

"No! You killed her! Youre the monster, you killed her! You killed her!" I screamed and fell onto my knees next to my mom, I cried and cried. My dad stared at me with a worried look and looked around and saw more walkers coming.

"We need to go, right now, Mika found a car" He told me and put his hand out to help me get up.

"You killed her, you killed her, you killed her, she wasnt supposed to die, she was different, you killed her, theyre all just different, different" I repeated quietly as I stared at her dead body.

"Lizzie! Come on!" He told me and finally picked me up and ran. He open a car door and put me inside and Mika was right next to me. She stared at my hands, they had some of moms blood on them.

"What happened?" She asked with a worried look, "Wheres mom?"

"Dad killed her, she was different, and he killed her like nothing" I told her as i stared at my hands, she wasnt supposed to die.

"She wasnt mom, she was a monster, she wanted to hurt us Mika, I did what I had to do" Dad told Mika as he drove

"Oh" Mika said, she had a sad look on her face so I gave her a hug, I missed mom and she did too.

After a while we both fell asleep. I woke up first though, and noticed the car wasnt moving. And dad wasnt in the car.

"Dad?" I said quietly careful not to wake Mika up as I let her go and looked out the window, I could see Dad outside looking at something. I got out of the car and looked at him.

"Flat tire." He said.

"What are we gonna do?" I said worried, a flat tire in the middle of nowhere, great.

"I dont know, but it looks like we have company" Dad said and I saw walkers coming in every direction.