Prologue

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Warning: Content in this chapter can be triggering

Pitter patter, pitter patter. Consistent swarms of raindrops crashed against my window, as if they were trying to force their way through the glass barrier of my 8 story London flat. The lifeless winter trees attempted to stand their ground as the wind persisted an unruly dance upon them, threatening to collapse if the storm continued in its triumph. Its a picture of disaster upon nature. Its a perfect picture of the night that forever haunts my ever waking moments. 

I can't help but transport myself back to that night in question. The night where my life went to shit. The night where everything good shattered into a million pieces on the hardwood floor I now sat on. The night where my angel, my beautiful transient angel, contorted into the cruel, merciless beast of lucifer himself.

My remaining memory of him still clutches and claws into my skin with fortification, imprinting its way into my mind, never allowing me to let go.

Why did he have to do it?

Why?

No-one saw it coming. Not even me. Its like something switched in his brain, a thing of pure evil that he never allowed to come to the surface. Something that hid behind his captivating, oceanic gaze unwillingly. Something that had to be let out one way or another.

It wasn't him. It was whatever possessed him.

It wasn't him.

It wasn't the same man who I had maladaptively imagined living my life out with, marrying, raising our kids with.

It wasn't him. And now it will never be him. Not after that night.

Never.

I unwillingly gazed upon my lit phone screen only to read the time.

Shit. I'm gonna be late.

I hauled myself out of the stupor I had transfixed myself into and proceeded to get ready. Tonight was the night I could forget all of my troubles, all of my insensible queries. Tonight was the night I let loose. The night I was going to see One Direction perform at the O2 Arena.

Tonight was the night that would change my life forever.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*