Wilbur's Return || Part One

• Crimeboys (Wilbur and Tommy)

• Hurt/comfort (part one is almost completely hurt, get ready for some comfort in part two)

• Canon but may read as OOC

𓂅𓂅𓂅𓂅𓂅𓂅𓂅𓂅𓂅𓂅𓂅𓂅𓂅𓂅𓂅𓂅𓂅𓂅𓂅𓂅  

  His curly hair blew in the wind, happily showing off the new white streak that appeared between the deep brown locks.  Wilbur still couldn't believe it.  He stepped out to a ledge to look at the beautiful sky, ecstatic.  The sky.  Oh, how he missed the grass, the trees, the breezy fresh air, and most of all, the wonderful blue sky.  It had been thirteen and a half goddamn years and at last he once again stood under the bright rays of the sun.

  Footsteps rustled in the grass behind him. He turned around, and was met with Tommy's face, which displayed a mixture of shock, fear, melancholy, and joy.

  "T-tommy?" Wilbur whispered, his eyes widening.  "Tommy! Tommy, I—" he stepped toward him, but Tommy stumbled backwards in return. 

  "Tommy, you—" Wilbur made a swift gesture with his hand at Tommy, however, pulling back as he noticed him flinch. 

  "Tommy...?" 

  "Wilbur..." Tommy tried desperately to hide the fact that he was shaking. 

  Tommy seemed upset to see him back.  Wilbur remained silent for a few moments, before deciding to look at the ground beneath him.  He raised his foot, then put it down.  He raised it, and set it on the ground once again.  Grass, he mouthed.  Slightly more enthusiastic now, he repeated it to himself.  Grass.  It moved flimsily under his boot.

  Tommy interrupted him before it became awkward.  "Uhm, so, I guess you'd want... I guess you'd like to see..." he cleared his throat, "L'manburg, or at least what's left of it." 

  Wilbur laughed, "L'man-L'manburg? I— of course! Of course I would!"

  Tommy gave the man a weak, false smile, and began leading him across the landscape.

  "Hm, I see things have certainly changed around here," Wilbur commented.

  Tommy nodded, not looking back at him.

  Eventually, the two reached their destination, and Wilbur stood in shock at the sight of the crater.

  "Wow...Tommy, did I— Tommy, did I do that?"

  There was silence again, for a moment.

  Wilbur began to speak again, but Tommy had been gathering his strength and quickly interjected, "No, actually.  You blew up a lot of L'manburg, Wilbur, but we fixed it.  We tried.  Then... Technoblade found something to have a grudge against me for, and him and Dream, they... they blew it up again."  Tommy didn't notice, but he was beginning to tear up.  "They build a platform up there," he pointed, "over all of L'manburg, and they released TNT over every fucking square inch of the whole country."

  Wilbur saw the remnants of the grid above him, and took a deep breath.  He stepped down into the crater, knelt down, picked up a handful of the ground, and let it run through his fingers.  L'manburg.  His unfinished symphony.

  "So they... you fixed it again, and they destroyed it?"

  Tommy's breath was faintly shaky, "Y-yeah..."

  The man's eyes widened, "L'manburg could have..." however he stopped himself as he realized how hypocritical what he was thinking might sound.  He turned back to face Tommy again.