Genocide or Pacifist?

Aizawa looks down on the princess with such confusion. Did she already know that he'll arrive to kill her? Did she feel his presence once he entered the church? Either that or the other, it's so sudden.

"How...did you know I was sent here to kill you?" Aizawa asks. The princess looked down and answered his question.

"Because... the demons that lived in this cathedral often attack people who don't have the courage to execute me. They are hungry for both fear and souls that are filled with such wicked tricks. And so they attack without any hesitation as a test to make it here. However... despite your intention of such, your heart is pure and in the right place. You have no fear when you enter the cathedral. Hence why you're the first person that successfully entered the room without getting killed."

"I'm... the first person to get inside?" He thought. The princess slowly stood herself, and that made Aizawa quickly hold his sword in front of his, preparing for an attack. "I understand that you may think I am tricking you with my charm or beauty. But I can reassure you that I have no intention of fighting nor killing you." She raised her hands, and chains started floating around her. "My dearest executioner..." The chains locked to both of her wrists and yanked both her arms, her forming like a cross position. "...now is the time for you to fulfil your quest. Slay me and save the people from my curse." She demanded.

Aizawa is just standing there, confused. "Is this for real? Is this a trap just so she could attack me? No... if this is a trap, I would have felt her magic. Instead, her magic is not even increasing to a dangerous phase. And her eyes...

...it shows such sorrow. I expect her to be afraid, but she is so calm. Is she really the princess that everybody is afraid of?" Him now battling his own gut feelings if he should kill her since everybody says she is very dangerous. A curse as such. It is the right thing to do... or... should he instead...

After a few minutes of silence, he raised his sword and started slashing. She anticipated that he would attack her, but rather, he broke the chains instead. The princess gasped as she felt the magic on the chains have worn off. She looks at her hands and starts panicking. "Wh-What? Why did you? You shouldn't- No no no! You should kill me! Not breaking the chains! Please kill me before it's - "

"Calm down. I already cast a spell, so your magic will not be awakened." He interrupted and sheathed his sword. "I realized why the Queen wants to get rid of you. And even so, I rather decline the 2,000 amount of gold than kill someone in cold blood. It's already obvious that you don't want me to execute you. And to me, you're not the "curse" princess that everybody is talking about. And if you are, you already killed me as I enter this room. I set you free because you don't deserve to be locked up as a prisoner just because people judged you based on rumours." He turned to the side while maintaining eye contact.

"It's your choice if you want to get out of here and be free... or stay here and wait for someone else to execute you. I can guarantee that I will not be coming back to save you again if you choose to stay." The princess looks at him confused and overwhelmed at his words and actions. "Wh-Why?... You knew from the start that I'm too dangerous. And yet, why did you still choose to save me?"

Aizawa looks at the princess before answering. "Everybody thinks that violence and killing were always the answer. I never believe in that unless there are circumstances involved. As for you, I'll never kill someone just because of people's sayings. I take action based on what I see. And I see a woman who needed help than being executed. And that's the right thing to do."