silly love songs

he couldn't say he cared a lot about the idea of soulmates. whenever he saw red string connecting two people or when he'd see two people share soulmate marks with his x-ray vision. he didn't really care about any of it. but what he did care about, was how annoying it is.

whenever he witnessed people meet their soulmates, their thoughts would gush and become high pitched. it grated on his brain and everyone would be like "awwww!!" and there in turn, grated on his brain even more. the urge to use mind control to rid of soulmates grew in his mind, holding his hand out; he was close to doing eradicating the whole notion of soulmates. until he remembered he said he wouldn't do that again. and would put back in his control device. (much to his chagrin)

he's in his 2nd year of junior high and he still hasn't met his soulmate. which in his world's standard, not all that uncommon. and whenever he saw kids in his classes meet their soulmates, he merely looked the other way and continued with the lesson. he didn't feel jealous. hell, he was glad he hasn't met his soulmate yet.

how troubling would it be to keep his powers a secret? or how unreliable would his soulmate be at keeping his powers a secret at all? should he just not meet them? should he just try not to? his already cluttered mind would think of all of these worries before expunging all of them with a sigh.

yeah.. far too troubling. he already had enough on his hands. with his powers getting stronger every year, he didn't have time to care about a soulmate. first, he had to control his arm strength before meeting someone he was destined to be with.

he witnessed another soulmate meeting on the street as he walked to school. it was between a man and a woman who had both bumped into eachother and heard a ding on their wrists, their timers had stopped. as he heard their ecstatic thoughts of happiness, he sneaked a glance at his own wrist. behind him he could hear the high pitched 'awwww!!! 's and clicks of recording the interaction.

he wasn't blessed with the simple name of his soulmate. nor was he given a colorful symbol on his body that matched with his soulmate.

he read and reread the kanji that danced across his wrist. he supposed the symbols looked swirly and... big. good grief, the sentence was huge on his wrist despite only being a brief statement.

snapping himself out of his thoughts, he kept walking. he had watched his parents fawn over their red string. always telling him he'd soon find the person who he'd hear the words on his wrist from. someone who was perfect for him. someone who'd complete him.

"you'll meet them soon, ku!"

"yeah like me and your mother did, kusuo"

"oh you!"

"aw honey!!!"

and then he promptly ended that memory. his school soon came into view and he prepared himself for another sleep walking through the day. his thoughts soon thought back to the couple who had met their beloveds on the street as he didn't bother paying attention in math. someone who was perfect for him? he's nothing like other people, he's practically an alien. if god really existed  and had someone set out for him then they must be the most colorful person on earth. and he was not looking forward to meeting this person.

he barely listened and he barely talked as he had no friends. there was no one he wanted to take activities in. no one he cared enough to speak to. other than maybe his parents sometimes.  he kept to himself and made sure his popularity didn't dwindle or fly. just enough, he remembered. just enough. he never quite acknowledged how lonely it was. after all, he liked being alone.

but as he grabbed his bag and got ready to go home, a hand stopped him. turning around, he saw his english teacher look down at him. reading her thoughts, he internally sighed and was ready to just say fuck it and teleport out.