Partners

Mr. Clean POV
I was walking into science class, room 302. Walking in I see kids laughing, goofing off, throwing paper, and gossiping. A few seconds later I felt a hand on my shoulder, it was SHREK. My best friend since forever and crush of two years.

"Hey Mr. Clean"-

"Hey Shrek,"I give him a tight hug, when we break away we quickly sat down. For the last few minutes before the teacher came in we were talking about music, upcoming events, ect.

"Did you listen to lovers a day by Cuco." I said. "Yeah, It's so good", said Shrek "I know, I wish I could listen to it all day", I said. Then the teacher, Mr. Marco Díaz, came in and told the entire class to shut up. He was awful only because he had recently gotten divorced with his ex wife, Jackie Lynn Thomas, and was still salty about it, but whatever.

Then said, "Alight class, since you know I hate you all, we are going to dissecting frogs today, AND I WILL BE CHOOSING YOUR PARTNERS." Proceeds Mr. Marco Díaz. Shrek and I looked at each other hoping that we would get picked together, the chances were slim but one could only hope.

"Now I will be saying who your groups are..."

I was nervous cause, mainly because I didn't want to be with someone I didn't like, especially Tinky Winky. I hate him, he's been mean to me since the 1st grade, that shit ain't cool.

"Group one is going to be Fiona and El Chavo del 8,"

As much as I didn't want to think about it, the thought still lingered in the back of my mind, " What if I didn't get to be partners with Shrek?" I thought.

"Group two, is Peppa Pig and Tails Prower"

As soon as I heard the odd combination I wanted to burst out laughing, you see, Peppa pig and Tails were really good friends but in the 6th grade something happened between them. No one exactly knows what happened cause they don't want to talk about, but we just suspected they got into an argument. We continue to listen to all the groups being sorted out. When he gets to the last groups there were only four people left. Me, Shrek, Tinky Winky, and SpongeBob Square pants. Next thing I know I hear this...

"Group eight is Tinky Winky and SpongeBob Square Pants.

I felt a wave rush threw me that I didn't have to be in a group with Tinky Winky. I was shocked, happy, and relieved. I just had a blank stare on my face. All I could think about was that I was partners with Shrek. I wanted to scream because of how happy I was. I quickly look over to Shrek, who was also smiling and looking at my direction with his thumbs up. I look back to the black board to continue listing to Mr. Marco Díaz instructions.