18. Love(m)

"Who's house is this, and why are we walking inside like it's our house?" I ask Sarawat as we walk into this little house that's at the end of the town

"You have so many questions, don't you?"

"I do."

"This is my place." he sighs. "Though I never wanted to take you here," he mutters the last part.

"Oh, shut up. Your house is beautiful! It's larger than where we lived before. I like it here."

"No one knows where I live for now. So we can spend a few days here," he says, ignoring my comments. He looks too worried about the situation we are in right now. And I guess I am taking things too lightly than I am supposed to.

"Stay inside. I'll bring some food," he says.

"Wait. Do we even have money with us?"

"Yup. I have some right here," he says, walking into a room and coming out with a small pouch of money. "Stay silent, okay?"

"Nop. I am going to scream."

"Right. Then scream as loud as you can." He comments sarcastically before leaving the house.

After he's gone, I look around his house. I have no idea since when Sarawat lived here, but it seems like he has lived for some time because everything looks just so... homey. I look at the framed art on the walls. I am sure he drew all those.

They look really nice, especially the oil painting of the cherry blossoms. They look lively as if I am witnessing that sight for real.

I stare at the art for a little longer, only to get grabbed by someone from behind. I shriek, and that person keeps his hand on my lips. I realise it's Sarawat, and calm down.

"Who said you can walk around my house like this?" he asks.

"Let go of me-"

"Do you like it?" he asks about the art.

"Y-yes. It's beautiful. You are talented and so special. Not the person I thought you were."

"Exactly. I am really not the person you think I am," he says. "Let's dig in."

We have our meal, and I listen to Wat passionately talk about drawing arts. I am glad he has something he's so passionate about, and it's so nice to listen to him say things about it. It's just like how I am into sculpting.

After the meal, we rest a bit and have a long nap till evening. When I wake up, Wat is nowhere to be seen. I assume he has gone outside. It took him around half an hour to come back, and my anxiety had increased by the time he came.

"I thought something happened to you," I say as soon as he enters the house.

"Oh. Don't worry. We are safe here." he shows the food. "Let's dig in."