Chapter 1

His smile almost makes me puke

Sitting in the astronomy tower, smoking weed all by myself wasn't something I usually did. I used to do homework in my room with my roommate friends and talk about boys and gossip. They weren't just dumb roommates, they were my best friends.

Chua, she was our snake, she heard everything about everyone. She was crafty and always thinking of how we could skip lessons in a way that no one would notice and where we could smoke in the school yard when no one else was there.
She came from a half-blood family and had a lot of money. Her father is a wizard and has given her all the cunning. She always kept us away from her home and we never heard anything about her family.

Maya was the weird one. She is not ashamed of anything and always did shady things. Sometimes she lay in the bushes and giggled. But she was the kindest and always listened if something was difficult, that's why we kept her. What is a group of friends of the same kind? As long as we liked each other, we stayed together.
Her parents are muggles but knew about Maya's situation. They were super nice, I've met them several times. Sometimes they can visit Hogwarts, with permission from the Headmaster.

Lastly, we had Alvah, a very loyal friend who stood up for us when we couldn't stand up for ourselves. We were the only friends she had because she was a very scary and mean girl, except to us. Sometimes you yourself were afraid of her if you angered her. She took all the quarrels and intrigues into her own hands and was often with the principal.
She was the daughter of Bellatrix Lestrange and always talked about how much she learned from her. No wonder why she has such a big temper right? She was a true pure-blood.

And then we had me, Bella. I was the wise one. My father is a death eater and always has been since I was born. When I was 3 I got my first wand and by age 5 I was able to perform the death spell. I am very successful in life, the only problem is that my family are death eaters and eventually I will probably become one too. Hopefully not.

We were all Slytherins and kept to ourselves. Our biggest enemy was Pansy Parkinson, Blaise Zabini and the great Draco Malfoy. Malfoy and I have history since our mothers are friends and grew up together, which resulted in us growing up together too, always disagreeing. Once an enemy, always an enemy. I am happy to live up to those words.

The cigarette I had between my fingers started to run out, my thoughts too. Only one question remained. How could I like him? He was the biggest freak and my own chosen enemy. To understand everything, I have to rewind the tape a few months. Maybe where it all started, Snape's lesson.

- So after class I thought maybe we could take our lunch to our room and gossip without anyone hearing us? Chua mentioned as we entered the classroom.
- Omg are we going to talk about how horny Lucas is on Windy? Maya screamed, slamming her book into the bench she then sat down at.
- No, you're kidding, he's the loser of the world and she's, well, you know. I said and rolled my eyes and giggled.
- He could never handle her. Chua said putting her elbows on the bench Maya was sitting at and leaning over.

- If you could ever learn to just sit down and shut up. Snape growled and Chua sank down next to Maya slowly while I stood next to her not knowing where to land the easiest. Alvah sat with her boyfriend at another bench further in the classroom and the still vacant seat was next to my archenemy, Draco Malfoy.

I settled down next to Draco and leaned my head against my hand on the bench. I gave Malfoy a look and did what Snape told us to do. The lesson was very tiring and went slowly.
- Shit, how boring you are then. I was surprised to hear someone's voice and looked annoyed at him gobbling with his mouth. I didn't notice what he said but just looked annoyed so his mouth would stop. He saw my gaze and his eyes widened.
- Okay. He said, raising his arms in the air.

Now Hermione began with her words of wisdom regarding what Snape was talking about. I swear, if we were pitted against each other, I would win every argument.
- Wrong answer Miss Granger, do you want a tip? Bet on something else where you place. Snape said choosing another student to answer his question.

Both me and Draco laughed and he looked down at me as he laughed. His smile almost makes me puke. - And what do you want from me. I added.
- You're upset today, I understand. He said and raised his eyebrows at me.

- Maybe it's because I'm sitting with a dirty little rat trying to survive the stench he exhales while grinning his rotten teeth. I replied smirking.

The bell rang and as Draco took his book from the bench he stared into my burning eyes and left me sitting there.
I sat there for a while until someone tapped me on the shoulder.
- Bella, hurry up, Chua is dying to tell us all the gossip. Maya said and took my book from the bench. She went ahead and I followed with a feeling I had never felt before.