FAMILY MEETS FAMILY- SONNY CARISI

Today at the precinct was a fairly calm day, even though no one would even dare saying that aloud.

I was currently catching up on some paperwork, my mind looking for a word better than "scum" to use to define a perp we had caught a couple of days ago.

Hearing the sound of a door open, I looked up to see Olivia coming in the bullpen, phone in hand, a serious look on her face, "Anna's teacher is coming here to discuss some things about her relationship with Jason," Lu informed us.

Just this morning we had received a report from a sixteen year old girl, Anna, who was accusing her classmate, Jason, of sexually assaulting her.

"Carisi," Olivia's voice snapped me out of my small trance, "you're on this, talk to the teacher, find out if she knows anything that could lead us onto some other paths to get him."

I nodded, "will do."

As Olivia walked back to her office, Amanda turned to look at me, "wanna go get a drink tonight?" She questioned.

I shook my head, "no can do," I shrugged, "I have plans."

Fin butted in, "you got a secret girlfriend or something?"

I grinned, "something like that."

My wife and I had long ago decided to keep our relationship mostly private, mainly to protect our daughter from my job and what comes with it.

Fin laughed, "and she puts up with you?" He snorted, "she must be a saint."

Amanda crackled, I second to that."

I rolled my eyes and focused back on my paperwork, hoping to get as much done as possible before the teacher arrived.

****

As I finished typing on my laptop, I leaned back into my chair, stretching out my limbs as far as the desk would allow me.

"Daddy!" I heard a small voice yell out.

Startled at the familiarity of the voice, I spun around in my chair, only to be met with the sight of my three year old running up to me, a big smile etched on her face.

"Hey love," I greeted her as she jumped up onto my lap, her arms around my neck as she hugged me tightly, "did something happen?" I questioned as I wound my arms around her small frame, panic rising deep inside my chest.

"Sorry Dom," I heard my wife's voice call out to me, "I got called in for one of my students, and I didn't have the time to call you up before I came here."

I nodded understandingly, "no problem," I turned to look down at my daughter, her big blue eyes staring up at me in wonder, "hey baby," I whispered as I brushed her hair out of her face, "how was your day?"

She shrugged, her attention now onto my blue tie, her fingers lightly fidgeting with it.

I looked up at Y/n, my brows furrowed in concern, "bad day?"

Our daughter, Emma, was autistic, and, especially with her sensorial issues, she often had bad days, and wouldn't really want to talk about it, mostly because she didn't really know how to express feelings she couldn't quite yet understand.

My wife nodded, her hand reaching out to smooth down Emma's long hair.

Suddenly a door slammed shut and Emma jumped slightly in my arms, squirming onto my lap, trying to get as close to me as possible.

"Hey," I whispered soothingly in her ear, caressing her back gently to calm her, "it's alright, daddy's here."

Olivia came out of her office, looking around until she spotted Y/n in front of me, "hello, you must be Anna's teacher," she smiled softly, extending her hand towards my wife, "I'm captain Benson, and you are..." she trailed off.