Chapter 1

In June 2016, one year after the Bellas won Worlds, Beca planned to call Chloe with some exciting news.

"Hey, Beca," Chloe said, answering her phone.

"Chloe, I have the most exciting news!" Beca exclaimed, feeling ecstatic.

"Tell me!" Chloe begged, eager to know.

"You know how I've been interning at that recording studio for the past two years, right?" Beca asked.

"Yeah," Chloe confirmed.

"Well, my boss just recommended me to someone who works at another recording studio in New York City," Beca said.

"No way! Beca, that's awesome!" Chloe said

"I know. It may seem like an adventure," Beca said.

"Well, if anyone can handle the Big Apple, it's you," Chloe said.

"Yeah. So what are your plans for the future?" Beca asked.

"Well, after we graduated, I just relaxed for a few months, and then I went on job interviews," Chloe reported.

"Did you get in somewhere?" Beca asked.

"At one point, I did, but sadly the job didn't last very long," Chloe said.

"Well, since I'm going to New York for my new job, would you be open to living in an apartment with me?" Beca asked.

"Are you kidding? I'd love to," Chloe said.

"Great, I leave in a few days, so let's meet up beforehand so we can get a flight to JFK," Beca said.

"Sounds good to me. See you soon," Chloe smiled, hanging up.

A few days later, as Beca went to Chloe's house to help her pack for the move to New York, Amy rang the doorbell.

"Hey, Amy. What's up?" Chloe said, answering.

"Not much. Just thought I'd see how things are going," Amy said.

"Well, Beca and I are getting ready to move to New York," Chloe explained.

"Sounds like fun," Amy said.

"What are you doing?" Chloe asked.

"Well, you know me; I'm an open book. I don't have any set plans right now," Amy said.

"Would you want to come to New York with us?" Chloe asked.

"Yeah! I can definitely see all three of us being roommates," Amy mused.

"Well, come on in," Chloe said, letting Amy in.

"Amy, nice to see you," Beca said.

"You too, Beca," Amy said.

"Is it true? You're coming to New York with us?" Beca asked.

"Yeah. I just need time to pack, and I'll see you over there soon," Amy said.

"Sounds good. Chloe and I are about to leave for the airport. So I guess we'll meet up then," Beca said.

"You know it. See you in a couple days," Amy confirmed.

All three of them did make it to New York and were now living in a studio apartment in Brooklyn.

"Well, needless to say, this apartment is smaller than I pictured," Chloe said, slightly disappointed.

"Yeah, but until we can afford something bigger, we'll have to make it work," Amy said.

"Well, I don't know about you guys, but I'd like to get settled in for a moment. Then I'm going to go check out this recording studio I'll be working at," Beca said.

"Cool. Maybe Amy and I could look for jobs here as well," Chloe suggested.