scandal. 01

"Then it's a deal, Mr

"Then it's a deal, Mr. President." I said as I extended my hand to shake his.

"Oh please, just call me Mr. Kim." he said, as our hands joined I felt a chill run through my body as we stared into each other's eyes, refusing to lose this staring contest. His eyes darkened and a faint smirk made it's way to his lips, I turned away from the embarrassment.

I felt his low chuckle vibrate through his body as our hands were still conjoined, I softly released my hand from his then I nervously straightened my dress and pushed a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I hope we can get along, Ms. Boulevard." he said staring deeply into my eyes.

Oh what have I gotten myself into...

###

My heels made noise as I walked on the marbled floor of the hallway, I made my way outside on the courtyard to meet the other guests, I was invited to the launch party of the campaign of one of the presidential candidates, Governor Kim Namjoon's.

He was one of the strongest candidates, as his intelligence and tenacity helped him get the top votes, he was quickly becoming everyone's favorite, with his handsome looks and charismatic personality, he had it all. Not just because he came from a prestigious family and had a rich background, but, because he had a good wife and a tragic backstory.

"Miss Boulevard!" I heard my name getting called, a reporter.

"Miss Boulevard you look stunning today! How are you enjoying the launch party so far?"

Who let her in? I just got here, but I couldn't say something like that. I put on my fake smile, showing all my teeth and raising my cheekbones as high as I could.

"Thank you, sweetheart! The launch is great, I hope it goes well for Mr. Kim as well." I said.

"He's the strongest candidate right now, do you think he will win the elections?" she asked almost shoving the mic in my face in the process, I pushed the mic away a bit and smiled calmly.

"Um- we'll have to see, I don't take anyone's side." I said briefly.

"Thank you, Miss Boulevard, we'll see you again tonight then!"

She said with the widest smile, I smiled back, turning my back and walking to one of the tables, I saw my name written on one of the papers, I sat down and placed my handbag on the table, taking a glass of champagne from a passing server's tray.

I sighed, taking small sip from the bitter drink as I looked around, people dressed in luxury brands from head to toe, men in black ties and suits and women in colorful scarfs and dresses, with shoes that match and adorned hairs, not leaving space for their neck to get light as they were covered in diamonds and pearls. Half of the women here were married, I was the other half, with the ones that weren't married.