Chapter 9

Date:15-04-1990

I finally decided to confront you about why you've been avoiding me. "Can you come to my office, Ms. Rose?" I asked over the intercom. "Okay, sir," you replied, before standing up.

You knock before entering. "You needed to see me, Mr. Thorne?" I nodded.

"Please take a seat, Ms. Rose,"

"Is something wrong?" you inquired as you sat down. I shook my head no. "Well, technically, yes. You don't have lunch with me anymore," I uttered. Your eyes widen as you turn away from me.

I watch as a small smile appear on your lips before it fades away.

"Ms. Rose, why yaa avoid me?"

"Ms. Rose, why are you avoiding me?"

You turn back to face me, "me naa avoid uh, Sir-

"I'm not avoiding you, Sir-,"

"Javier," I cut you off.

"What?" you asked, confused.

"Yuh fi a address me by my first name. Me think we past this last name thing Patrika."

"You should address me by my first name. I thought we were past this last name thing, Patrika."

You nodded. "You're right. I apologize. But I'm not avoiding you, Javier." My body relaxes as your lips sweep over my name. "I just didn't know how to approach you after that breakdown." You averted your gaze once more, embarrassed.

"Really?' I deadpanned. "Me think we did close. Me tell yuh say me nu mind. I may be uh boss, but me still your friend."

"I thought we were close. I told you I didn't mind. I may be your boss, but I'm still her friend." I grimaced that, word tasted bitter on my tongue.

"I'm sorry,"

"No, it's okay. Just don't let it happen again, okay? "I'm here for you."

You nodded, looking up at me. "Thank you. Is that all?" you asked, and I nodded.

You stood up, ready to leave. "Would you like to go out with me tonight? I blurt out as your hand turn the doorknob.

You froze before turning around to face me. "Uhm-,

"Uh, it doesn't have to be a date. I just want to spend more time with you outside of work. Plus, we're friends now, right?" I grimace. That word will never grow on me.

I watch as a big smile spread across your face before you nod your head. "OK, great, I'll pick you up at six o'clock, dress comfortably."

You nodded once more before leaving. I watch as your door opens, and you enter before closing it. I watch in amusement as you begin to jump and clap your hands, a big grin on your face. I was overcome with joy, as I watched you.

That smile never left your face throughout the day. You would blush every time you came into my office, and I would chuckle. You're adorable.

There was a knock on my door before it open and you peek your head through. "Um, I'm going home now. "I'll see you at six." I checked the clock above your head and saw that it was now 5 p.m. Time flew by today, didn't it? "All right, see you six, and stay safe," I said with a smile. "You as well," you replied.

Following your departure. I stood up and prepared to leave as well. I needed to shower and get change my clothes, and seeing that it was now 5 p.m. I had about 49 minutes leave, before I had to pick you up.

I reach home in less than ten minutes. I may have run a few red lights, but they were all yellow. Which basically means speed up before it turns red.

I head straight to the shower, pulling off my suit. I was finished in less than fifteen minutes. I brush my teeth, wash face and oil my beard.