1: The Four Worlds

Let me start by saying this. This is probably not what you're expectating. You probably are thinking 'four worlds = four dimensions, right? Well, yes, and no. The four worlds part actually refers to the four different races that roam Earth.

I'm from the werewolf area. You don't see any of us roaming around unless we are trying to get to school or another major event.

I'm currently waiting for my friends to get to the entrance of the school. We have been together since we were little, so I guess they are like family to me.

One of them is a dragon, which suits her perfectly. She has a temper that can easily blow up if you say just one wrong thing.

The other one is human, but in my opinion, he doesn't need any fancy powers. When I say he is a big guy, I am not exaggerating.

I was waiting for my friends to show up when I smelled roses and mint. I mentally groaned before turning to face them. And with this, it brings us to the last race: vampires.

Personality I hate vampires, or as some know them, vamps, especially this one. He has been flirting with me for about a month now. I'm pretty sure that he has figured out that I'm also a guy.

"What?" I grumbled while avoiding eye contact.

"Wow, I thought you would be happier to see me." He said.

I rolled my eyes at his comment before going back to looking for my friends. Hopefully, he noticed that I was more interested in hanging out with my friends over him.

"Okay, I get it. You don't like me." He said.

I turned my head to face him. Where did he get that idea from? I mean, sure, I don't like him, but my hatred is towards vampires in general.

"Oh, that's right! I actually noticed that you're struggling in math class. And I was wondering if you would like help. I can tutor you, but you don't have to say yes." He said, stumbling over some of his words.

I felt so embarrassed. Who told him? Was it Yuzu? Then again, she knows I'm not a fond of him. So, how did he find out? Then again, he is offering to tutor me, but we will have to work around each other's schedules.

What was it that humans said about these situations again? Stuck in-between a rock and a hard place? That sounds correct. As if they were reading my mind, Yuzu* and Noboru* appeared.

"Morning boys." Yuzu said in her chearful tone.

"Morning." Noboru and I said at the same time.

I looked back only to see that the vamp was gone. Guess he didn't want to be spotted by my friends.

"You okay, little buddy?" Noboru asked.

"Ya, I'm fine." I said quietly.

"Are you sure?" Yuzu inquired.

I bit my lower lip while slowly looking away. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Yuzu and Noboru look at each other with concerned looks.

"Did that vamp come by while we weren't here?" Yuzu asked a little mad.

I just stared at my feet. I didn't want to say anything in fear that Yuzu might blow her top. Why do dragons have to have such short tempers?

"Oh God, did he hurt you?" Noboru asked.

I shook my head vigorously.

"Did he force himself on you?" Yuzu asked.

I shook my head again. These were the two most common questions they asked. Should I tell them or let them guess? It was entertaining to watch them guess reasons, but none were correct.