𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 01

VACATION

MUFFLED SHOUTS CAME FROM DOWNSTAIRS, ECHOING IN THE LARGE WHITE MARBLE MANSION. Ari heard the fainted shouts and unplugged her phone carefully, taking the charger as well. She packed the white charger into her cream colored backpack and forced her phone into her back pocket to her blue washed jeans.

The reason she had a suitcase and a few bags is because she's going on vacation for this summer with her boyfriend–Mason–and a couple of their friends. She's excited as she wore a bright grin on her soft face, making her way downstairs, carefully trying not to fall with the suitcase. Mason looked up the stairs and saw Ari struggling.

He raised his eyebrows and immediately went up the wooden steps, replacing her hand with his as he tightly held onto the suitcase. It's been a few years since the pool party where they confirmed their relationship, and everything had been healthy. Many dates and cuddling, followed by make out sessions late at night. It felt amazing to be in this situation with someone she loves. Little did she know, Mason felt the same way.

"Thank you," She pecked his cheek and continued down the steps, waiting for him at the bottom. Mason cheeks started to heat up as he pulled the pastel yellow case down the staircase, it making loud noises as the wheels hit the steps. Ari slightly cringed as she watched him, but also giggled when seeing his face. He was also cringing.

"Cmon' we're gonna be late!" Ari whined, looking down to her imaginary watch on her tanned skin.

"Hold your horses, girl," Mason rolled his eyes, finally reaching the last step and pulling her suitcase to the white tiled floor. Ari sighed and turned to the door, the heat of the sun shining in the house as it hit her skin. She loved the feeling of heat.

She didn't look back and walked towards the front door, taking Masons suitcase with her.

"Babe, that's mine!" He exclaimed behind her, fastening his pace to catch up with her. Ari giggled and turned her head behind her, "I know!" She turned back around and quickly jobbed to the black BMW, Mason following behind as his breathing started to get heavy.

He gulped, trying to catch his breath, the distance from the stairs to the car was a long distance. He didn't understand how Ari could walk so far without getting tired, he guessed she was just used to it.

Ari heard the heavy breaths and turned around to see Mason hands on his knees, she started to giggle, "Help me put the suitcases in."

Mason nodded and finally caught his breath, raising himself and turning around to grab the handle of the suitcase. He pulled it towards the trunk of the BMW.

Ari reached her hands to her suitcase but he gently slapped her hands away. She dramatically scoffed and placed her hand over her chest, "Rude!"

"Sorry, babe, but we gotta hurry," He said with a concentrated face as he loaded the trunk with the luggage's. Ari just dropped her hands to her sides and turned around, making her way to the passenger seat of the car. Since they were old enough to drive, Mason was driving this time.

She opened the car door and climbed in, sitting down on the black leather seat, she sighed and closed the heavy door. She leaned her head against the head rest and waited for Mason to join her.

After a few minutes, Mason finally joined her, buckling his seat after pushing the push to start ignition.

Mason finally drove into the main road, making their way to the air port. Ari looked out the window, the comfortable silence being filled with slow songs, Mason kept it low as he kept glancing at her. She could feel his eyes on her as her lip turned upwards.