Chapter 1

Severine always wondered how her parents met.

They were a...confusing couple.

Her father, Tobias Snape, was a big man with very few words. He worked day in and day out and drank as much as he worked. He wasn't always like this, there were vague memories as a child of him holding her up on his shoulder and racing around the living room, there were moments of laughter that if Severina didn't see the little children drawing she done as kid, she wouldn't believe they ever happened.

Then there was her mother, Eileen Snape, she actually didn't seem to change in her memories, she was loving towards her in the only way she knew how. She taught her magic and potions and about lands far away but she was also melancholic and sad. Constantly staring out in the open air, longing for...something. She wasn't a hugger and she barely gave kisses goodnight but, Severine believed she did the best she could.

She hopes so at least.

But the fact is she doesn't know how they met, mother was a member of a rather long pureblood wizarding family while her father was a...muggle or something like a muggle.

When Severine said her father was big, she meant BIG.

He stood at 6 feet and 3 inches, and well built, when Severine or Eileen or both stand beside him they look like twigs which isn't that far off for Severine. She has always been skinny and kinda well...

She looked sickly.

Nothing could ever really fix that and she gave up long ago thinking it could.

But back on topic.

Being a muggle, Tobias and Eileeen path never should have intersected, they never should have met and even more so, Tobias was a foreigner.

He had this thick accent, similar to people in the Slavic nations when they speak English. Severine was taught her how to speak and read in his language. He taught her about tales of people known as drüsje at first she thought I meant 'witch' but apparently their was more to it. They seemed different from the witches she knew like her mother and herself.

He taught her about the god he followed Djel. Those moment where he taught her about his home she was grateful for, it always felt as if they were closer.

But it also left more questions then answers on how they met. She would have asked but the people who her father and mother once were, they weren't their anymore.

Don't get her wrong they loved each other but they also fought more then they did when she was a child. It started out with her going to Hogwarts, she didn't know why her father didn't like the idea of her going to hogwarts, she didn't even go to regular school. Then their was the salary cuts on her father job at the mill, he couldn't fight them so he had to live with them and drinking was his only way how. He wasn't a abusive drunk but he wasn't...good either.

Her mother seemed to be more subdued when all of that hit the family, sometimes Severine wonders if she would have liked to leave, go back to the Prince family.

She never did.

Severine too didn't like their situation.

Hell she was resentful for it. She hated that most of her issues with her family involved money.

That was probably why she tries so hard in school, a good job could help all of them.

But now...what was the point now?

It was summer right after her 5th year, she stood right next to her father, and in front was a casket being lowered down to the ground with a tombstone with the names 'Eileen Snape' written on it.