i will turn into a witch when i will turn 16

As she bounded down the steps of her family's elven home, Seventeen year old Dominique could not contain her excitement. Tonight, at midnight, she would take the next step in her transition into an adult witch. She had a few final magical rites to complete before 17th birthday and finally be allowed to practice her craft openly.

Dominique had always been a bit sickly as a child. Her parents were worried about the future of their lineage if something happened to their only daughter, so they had done everything in their power to raise her in secret and protect her from harm. After years of research and hard work, Dominique was ready to take full advantage of being able to cast spells without fear of ridicule from those who didn't understand.

She smiled as she walked down the street towards the local Witch's Circle meeting hall that awaited her there that night. As she rounded the corner onto Pine Street she stopped short at the sight before her...the Witches' Circle was ablaze with light! It seemed someone had used magic outside of sanctioned meetings for the first time in many years! Heat began blaring through Dominique's body as memories from childhood threats flooded back into her mind... Someone was going to pay for this!