Double Birthday Celebration

[Word count - 1,549]

March 19th, 2023

Your POV

For as long as I can remember, me and my two best friends have always looked out for each other. They were there for me, and I was there for them. Honestly, if it wasn't for them, I probably wouldn't be this happy at all. It's strange how it works, huh?

Hi, my name is (Y/N) (L/N) and the two best friends I mentioned before are Hikawa Sayo and Hikawa Hina. They're twins, but they're complete opposites of each other. You got Sayo who is the more serious type, then there's Hina who is always in a good mood and wants us to do something together. These were good times for me, but a part of me felt hurt as we got older.

It wasn't long since Sayo and Hina graduated from Hanasakigawa and Haneoka. Both of them are going to same university, but they are pursuing different goals. While Sayo is studying law, Hina is studying the departments of humanity. As for me, even though we're the same age, going to university wasn't really my thing, so I just focused on my job instead.

We've been so busy lately that we never had the time to just sit down and talk about what we've been up to. However, it is lucky for me that their birthday is coming up, and I'm hoping that I can do something special for them. I know that Hina will be okay to do something, but it might be a different story for Sayo. But it couldn't hurt to ask, so I grabbed my phone and texted her.

Your text: Hey Sayo, are you busy?

Sayo's text: I'm free at the moment. What's up?

Your text: Your birthday is tomorrow, right? Is there anything you want to do?

It took a while for her to respond.

Sayo's text: Sorry, but I'll have to pass this time.

Your text: Oh... 

Sayo's text: I can make it up to you if that's okay?

Your text: Yeah, I guess that's fine.

She sent another message, but I didn't even bother to look at it. I sighed while laying down in my bed. Moments later, my phone started ringing. I looked and saw that it was Hina trying to call me. I answered her.

"Hi, this is (Y/N)." I said.

"Hi bestie! How are you?" Hina asked.

"I'm okay, how are you doing, Hina?" I asked in return.

"I'm quite boppin' myself!" She answered.

"That's good to know." I smiled from my end.

"And I'm especially happy because I get to celebrate my birthday with my onee-chan and my best friend!" She added.

"Yeah, I guess."

"What's the matter?" Hina asked.

"I asked Sayo if she wanted to do anything tomorrow, but she said she was busy." I told her.

"Yeah, that does sound like her." Hina said as she sighs in disappointment on her end.

"Do you think you can convince her?" I asked.

"Of course! I'll do anything for my best friend!"

"Thanks, Hina." I said as I hung up. Hina is such a good friend, isn't she?
_____________________________________________

Meanwhile...

Location - Hikawa Residence, Sayo's Room

Hina's POV