𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 1

This year will be different. I have been trying to convince myself that ever since my parents died. Ever since that became an excuse for everything . To not come to school, not concentrate. For a few months this was all people talked about when they saw me. But this year will be a good year, it has to be.

Me and Elana had arrived at school early to meet Bonnie. "I missed you two!" Bonnie cried, running over to greet us.

Before long the gates opened and we all went inside. I heard footsteps coming from around the corner. "Hi!" It was Caroline. "Bonnie are they okay? Just cause of the parent thi-"
"They are right here Caroline." Bonnie cut her off. I smiled awkwardly and left for my first lesson.

On the way to class I wasn't focused. I walked straight into someone. "Sorry." I said, embarrassed. "Kathrine?" I turned around. "I'm Amira.." I replied, confused. "Oh sorry, I'm Stefan." His deep brown eyes were staring straight into mine. I blush.

The next few lessons I thought about him all the time, hoping I would see him in the corridors but of course I didn't. I was being delusional. Lessons came and went, I just wanted it to be Lunch break. The bell rang. Finally. I rushed out of the classroom.

I walked over to Bonnie, Elana and Caroline. Elena was talking about how someone in her lesson that called her my name. Could it be? Of course it was. I told them I saw him in the corridors this morning, the topic changed back to Elana in a heartbeat. It's always Elana. Why do I always want something I can't have?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elana's Pov
I'm here again, the Graveyard. I slowly reach for a pen and my diary. Writing is like therapy, I can write down all my thoughts when I have no one else to talk to.

Dear diary, today was a good day. Even though I was dodging my ex Matt all day, today was good. There is someone called Stefan in my lessons, he doesn't know it but I can't stop thin-

"Elana? Is that you?" Oh no. It was Stefan.
"Hi." I reply, embarrassed.
"Can I ask why you're here?" I completely forgot about that. He's going to think I'm weird. Graveyard girl.. No, he's not like that. I know he's not.

"Elana?" Stefan was looking right at me.
"Oh uhm it's just quiet here, I like to write." I was avoiding eye contact. "I write too, actually I have a diary" Stefan laughed. I felt relived, he offered to walk me home.

I tripped over on a rock on the way home. I felt warm blood dip down my leg. "Oh, look at that. I've just cut my leg." Stefan put all his effort into not looking at Elana. "Sorry, are you squeamish?" Stefan nodded, "Yeah.. that's what it is."

Stefan turned away. Black bulging veins ran down under his eyes, his eyes turned blood red. He tried to focus. Focus on anything but the overwhelming sound of blood. Dipping, spilling right in front of him.

"You should go home and check that" Stefan said quickly. "Yeah I'm gonna go now" I replied. "You should go, now." Why was he acting like that?